UKC

NEWS: La Sportiva Legends Only 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Nov 2017
Shauna Coxsey, problem 1, 2 kbEveryone who was there would probably agree this year's edition of the La Sportiva Legends Only was the best one ever. Great climbers, great problems and great music. I won't say anything about the results, you'll have to see for yourself.

Read more
 mplaine 27 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Great photos!
 Andy Hardy 27 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

2h 46m?!?!?

Is there not an edited highlight version?
 stp 28 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I think it's fine to announce the winners in a post comp report of the event. It's up to people not read to it if they intend watching the video. Just don't announce it in the headlines where they're that much harder to avoid.

I'm sure the atmosphere was great at the event. But from the armchair, video watching perspective I preferred the previous women's event. Janja's total dominance was both unexpected and extraordinary. But overall I think this is cool event to have on the competition calendar, well organized with an interesting format that's nicely different from other events.
 SuperLee1985 28 Nov 2017
In reply to stp:

Agreed, I personally would prefer a write-up of the event and an announcement of the winners as I usually don't have time to watch the videos.
Perhaps someone who has watched it would be kind enough to give a synopsis for the rest of us?
 madasten 28 Nov 2017
In reply to SuperLee1985:

Shauna clinched it
 Jon Greengrass 28 Nov 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I watched the whole event last night it was well worth it for the variety in the style of problems, they seemed to split the field more widely than a typical IFSC world cup final, which made it hard to work out who was winning even for the organisers.
 stp 29 Nov 2017
In reply to SuperLee1985:

Aside from Shauna's win Fanny Gibert took the lead on the first problem making the only top. Impressive not least because it was powerful looking, steep problem on big flat holds that I wouldn't have thought suited her.

Shauna then did the next 3 problems on her first try. Stasa Gejo was close behind also doing the next 3 but taking 5 trys rather than 3. This put Shauna in first by then with Stasa in close second going into the final problem.

The last problem was unpractised, to be climbed using the IFSC format, with 4+ mins to get up. It involved some shouldery, press moves against a large, black volcano shaped volume. Stasa failed to do this which meant Shauna couldn't be beaten but Stasa stayed in second place. Shauna also failed on this last problem but Petra Klingler topped it, the only person to do so.
 john arran 29 Nov 2017
In reply to stp:

Stasa looked strong and climbed well. She's still only 20 as well, so definitely likely to be a strong contender in the next few years.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...