UKC

Trip to La Palma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kolya 30 Nov 2017
I was planning our family trip to La Palma but I dont know much about this island. Were hoping to have fun at place were we can go hiking, surfing, and will offer us a wonderful scenery and I hope they have that. I've been reading this article about La Palma here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/la-palma/ but i really want to hear what your personal experience to this island. Thanks!
 Pedro50 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Kolya:
Great place. The walk along the volcanic spine is outstanding.

Can rain and have fog. Airport had been closed for 3 days due to bad weather when we arrived.

Surfing? No idea.
Post edited at 09:21
In reply to Kolya:

It's a lovely place; I go there a lot for work.

Surfing is not as good as the other Canary Islands. On the east side of the Island, Playa Nogales is your best bet, but it seems to be either flat or vicious. Playa Nueva, between Tazacorte and Puerto Naos is also good for surfing.

Hiking is great all over the island. As well as the obvious walks along the ridges and in the caldera, don't miss the spectacular walk through the water tunnels to to the springs of Marcos y Cordero. You can get a taxi to the start of the tunnels if you want to take the sting out of it.
 Tom Valentine 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Kolya:

The greenest of the Canaries but the south end is absolutely barren, apart from banana plants.
Spectacular, all the same.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...