/ Climbing Partners in Northern England

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L Ed21 - on 30 Nov 2017
Hi

I am looking a climbing partner or partners in Northern England. I’ve done bits and pieces of mountaineering over the years, but now my kids are older I'm keen to climb more often. I would love to tackle some of the classic summer (mod to VS) and winter climbs (up to III /IV) in the Lakes. I have my own gear and transport.

Cheers Ed
James_Kendal on 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Ed21:

Have you considered joining a club? Find your local one here:

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/find-a-club
L Ed21 - on 30 Nov 2017
In reply to James_Kendal:

Thanks James, definitely an option
atthedropofahat on 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Ed21:

Hi Ed,

Where are you based? I'm based near Sheffield and climb all over the UK following weather and conditions. I lead VS comfortably and have led up to E3 years back. I also winter and alpine climb.

Olli
L Ed21 - on 30 Nov 2017
In reply to atthedropofahat:

Hi Olli

I live in Stockton on Tees. Do you have transport? I would provide transport if you know a climb where Sheffield is on route.

Ed
j.kirby on 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Ed21:

Hi Ed,

I'm based in York, I often climb on the North York Moors if the weather is good and I'm free, if you fancy meeting up sometime let me know. I'm fairly steady at VS, breaking into HVS.

Cheers
Josh
guisboro andy - on 02 Dec 2017
In reply to Ed21:

Try your local club, Cleveland mountaineering club. They have a facebook page and website (clevelandmc). Meet every week and have meets most weekends.
Anti-faff - on 02 Dec 2017
In reply to Ed21:

Yep, definitely look up Cleveland MC. Great little club, always someone getting out and there's a nice hut in the lakes.
L Ed21 - on 02 Dec 2017
In reply to Anti-faff:

Thanks guys, will get in touch with CMC

Ed
steveM55 - on 18:44 Tue
In reply to Ed21:

Hi, I am trying to get back into climbing having had a long layoff.....used to climb in low E grades/grade 4/5 winter and did quite a lot around the country .....however that was over 15 years ago so happy around severe at moment but may get better!I live in Sheffield but go up to Northumberland regularly to see my Mum,and I go up to the lakes and North York Moors walking and Mountain Biking. I am from Redcar originally and lived in Newcastle so climbed all over the region.
I have a tick list of easier classics in the Lakes so may be possible to meet up next year....or climbing wall up your way.
Regards Steve

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.