UKC

Whitehouses Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Syme 03 Dec 2017
Note: I'm awaiting confirmation on this from Yorkshire Area Gritstone Access Rep

After hearing about some issues with access , apparently the farmer doesn’t mind people climbing there but there are a number of things which are critical to making sure he doesn’t get annoyed with climbers (more so than he has been) & banning access completely:

1. Close the gate
2. No lamp sessions
3. DO NOT park near the gate. Use the lay by further down .
4: Usual leave it as you find it considerations & general Crag etiquette.

Today a number of cars parked by the gate & after advising them of how the farmer feels about this, the climbers were not bothered & didn’t move their cars.
 Jack00 03 Dec 2017
In reply to Andy Syme:

Have you spoken to the land owner? I spoke to him 3 months ish ago and he did not want people to climb there at all. Hopefully this has changed?
OP Andy Syme 03 Dec 2017
In reply to Jack00:

Jack00

This info is second hand, though I believe reliable, but hence the note that I need the Area Access Rep to confirm.
 Jack00 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Andy Syme:

I emailed the area rep, Mick, in July and he said he was going to see what he could do. Not heard anything since however.
Fingers crossed climbing will be tolerated once again.
 Paul Clarke 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Jack00:
Hi Jack. Mick has been active and visited landowners in the area. He reported at the last area BMC meeting that there was little problem with people climbing there so long as people are sensible in their approach to parking and access. The outline above seems eminently workable and surely no one could argue otherwise?
 Paul Clarke 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Andy Syme:
I've been doing some maintainence work on the BMC RAD with Rob Dyer. I will update the info for Whitehouses.
Post edited at 09:19
 Offwidth 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Paul Clarke:

Clearly those fools Andy reports who wouldn't move their cars think differently.
 Jack00 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Paul Clarke:

That's good news. Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...