UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: A Walk on the Wild Slide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 Dec 2017
Johnny Dawes - Devil's Slide, 3 kbOur Friday Night Video this week is A Walk on the Wild Slide. The walk being The Devil's Slide on Lundy and the wild being Johnny Dawes. The film looks at Johnny's attempt to climb the classic Hard Severe without hands.

Read more
Gone for good 08 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I love these short films. What a climb, another classic for the wish list!!
 BALD EAGLE 09 Dec 2017
In reply to Gone for good:

> I love these short films. What a climb, another classic for the wish list!!

Hey Wanderer100 thanks for taking the to post some kind feedback and the Devil's Slide, amongst all the other amazing climbing on offer on the magical Lundy Island is well making the effort to get the MS Oldenberg ferry over!

Incidentally I only stumbled across this other thread about my wee video recently so I guess for the sake of completeness here it is:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=674950&v=1#x8684553

Cheers

Dave
 Greasy Prusiks 09 Dec 2017
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Hi Dave

I posted the other thread, hope you don't mind. It's really nice to see such high quality films being made about UK routes in grades that most people can have a go at. Really nice pieces of film making.
 BALD EAGLE 10 Dec 2017
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

> Hi Dave

> I posted the other thread, hope you don't mind. It's really nice to see such high quality films being made about UK routes in grades that most people can have a go at. Really nice pieces of film making.

Hi GP many thanks for your kind words and as Oscar Wilde is reputed to have said, all publicity is good publicity! My next video is nearly finished so look out for the Armorican One Armed Bandit coming soon...
Cheers
Dave
 Greasy Prusiks 10 Dec 2017
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

No problem. Looking forward to the next video.
 JayPee630 11 Dec 2017
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Just brilliant and lovely, thanks!
 BALD EAGLE 12 Dec 2017
In reply to JayPee630:

> Just brilliant and lovely, thanks!

Aaaw thanks jaypee and I really appreciate your appreciation!
Cheers
Dave
 Jimbo C 12 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Lovely little film. JD is a class act
 BALD EAGLE 13 Dec 2017
In reply to Jimbo C:

> Lovely little film. JD is a class act

Thanks a million Jimbo! As well as being a class act and still a master of balance, Johnny was great fun to hang out and work with on Lundy Island!
Cheers
Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...