UKC

PODCAST: Factor Two - Episode 2 Part II: Alone - Off the Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 11 Dec 2017
Factor Two E2 PII, 5 kbIn this new podcast series, Wil Treasure shares stories from the climbing world through interviews with both well-known and lesser-known characters. In-depth, personal accounts that aren't read from a page on a variety of themes. Settle down with a cuppa and have a listen...

Episode 2, Part II: In part one of this story we saw how Duncan Critchley's quick judgment of his partner for The Nose resulted in a piece of big wall history. Despite their achievement, he was left with the regret that they never climbed together again. In part two Duncan's judgment isn't so good, but it leaves him with few regrets and some firm friendships.

Read more
 Mike Highbury 11 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC Articles: Super story, well told.

Who ever this guy is, he sounds an interesting person to climb with.

galpinos 11 Dec 2017
In reply to Mike Highbury:

duncan
 Mick Ward 11 Dec 2017

He's a lovely person to climb with - super-nice, utterly competent. And somebody who's putting a lot of good into society, in worlds far removed from climbing.

Have just seen this thread and am really looking forward to the podcast.

Mick
 Mick Ward 11 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

The quintessential, "F*ck me!" moment - in a very, very bad place to have such a moment. Followed shortly afterwards by, "Everything started to hurt."

"He should have been very proud of it. I hope he is."

Mick
 Sharp 12 Dec 2017

These are great, thanks for making these
 Wil Treasure 12 Dec 2017

> Who ever this guy is, he sounds an interesting person to climb with.

He's in my pool of "people who email me with interesting objectives" for sure. He told me this story as we were driving around the north coast of Scotland last year, and he told it so casually!

As someone said recently: It's a rare privilege to do a climb in the South West, put it in your logbook and *not* see "Duncan 1983" at the bottom of the ticks.

dominic lee 12 Dec 2017
Really enjoyed listening to these tales of daring do.
 petemeads 12 Dec 2017

Another brilliant episode - thanks Wil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...