UKC

Goretex overmitts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Max factor 11 Dec 2017
I suffer from Reynauds and commute on the bike every day. How much difference would non-insulated overmitts make over my usual, warm pair of gloves? thinking the wind proofing would be very effective for not much extra weight, but also not sure about dexterity for brakes/ shifters.
Removed User 11 Dec 2017
In reply to Max factor:

You need some lobster claws.
 Jim Lancs 11 Dec 2017
In reply to Max factor:

It depends whether you have flats or drop handlebars. I use mitts on my flatbar-ed mtn bike in really cold weather and it's great.

Sti / Campag shifters on the hoods require more dexterity, and mitts tend to make them a little awkward. My cold weather touring bike has drops, but I have cross levers for the brakes and barend shifters so I can wear mitts.
 plyometrics 11 Dec 2017
In reply to Max factor:

Experience tells me it would definitely be a benefit, just how much is the crux.

I’ve just splashed out a massive £9.99 on these to go over existing insulation. Will let you know how I get on:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/black-trek-500-overgloves-id_8396272.html

Yours in Reynauds pain,

Plyometrics.
OP Max factor 11 Dec 2017
In reply to Jim Lancs:

It's a flat bar hybrid. Maybe I should dig out my ski mitts, though i like the idea of being able to add warmth when needed (or rather, start out warm , and be able to take the overmitts off when I warm up).
OP Max factor 11 Dec 2017
In reply to plyometrics:

Thanks. Decathlon is the family second home. Only £40 less than Extremeties tuff mitts! Will have to wait for them to get in size XL stock again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...