UKC

Christmas gift Pembroke guidebooks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Climbing girl 101 12 Dec 2017
Hi,
I would like to ask for somr advice. Im planning to get a guidebook about Oembroke to go climbing. But looking in Internet there are too many to choose from and I am Not sure whichone could be the best one. I would like to get it as present for my boyfriend and make him go there. I love that climbing but never got my actual guidebook. Any advices? Thanks a looot!!!
 spenser 12 Dec 2017
In reply to Climbing girl 101:

Pembroke Rock (Wired) is probably the best guide for the visiting climber, excellent topos and a good selection of crags.
In my view the CC definitives offer very little benefit for visiting climbers beyond what is offered by Pembroke Rock and the Rockfax guide is quite old now (although, quite cheap and still perfectly adequate as long as you account for routes which have fallen down since it was published.
 Jon Stewart 12 Dec 2017
In reply to spenser:

The wired guide has a lot more in than the rockfax. A much better guide.
 spenser 12 Dec 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I wouldn't know, I bought the Wired Guide to replace my Rockfax which a friend dropped in a rockpool!
 Andy Hemsted 13 Dec 2017

Another vote for the Wired guide ... excellent in all respects. They've even regraded World War 3 Blues (a sandbag HVS in Rockfax) as a still-tough E1..... which did my ego a power of good!
 Kevster 13 Dec 2017

Pembroke is AWESOME. Maybe a stocking filler to go with that guide book - an Abseil rope!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...