UKC

Indoor climbing in Belgium

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Eve.G 12 Dec 2017
Heading over to Belgium for the Christmas period. Thinking of going for some climbing as well. I e-mailed supposedly the closest indoor gym to the place I will be staying at and got a slightly confusing reply.

"In Belgium we have almost no lead facilities... toprope with installed ropes is the only kind of route climbing we do, unfortunately. So don’t worry about the rope.
There are for the moment no dedicated bouldering facilities at our place or in Brussels. "

So- does anyone know where and if there is a nice climbing gym south of Brussels? Or is it all pointless and I might as well leave my harness at home, not even mentioning the rope?
 john arran 12 Dec 2017
In reply to queenmargo:

Sounds like a top-rope only wall, so you'll need a partner. But on the plus side, you won't need to take your own rope as they'll all be in place already.
 planetmarshall 12 Dec 2017
In reply to queenmargo:

Yes, this is true. The only lead facilities are on the comp wall in Puurs, which you would probably not want to be on in these conditions, as it's outdoors.

There's a good dedicated bouldering gym in Leuven, about 40mins by train from central Brussels.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...