UKC

ARTICLE: Rock Bottom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 20 Dec 2017
Chris refusing to wear prism glasses or buy a new fleece, 3 kb'80s hero Chris Hamper was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease after a long career of enthusiastic climbing and training. He has written a few articles now on climbing with his illness, always with a good dose of self-deprecating and off-the-wall humour. In this latest piece, Chris recounts a recent trip to Leonidios, Greece with some friends. When you suffer from Parkinson's, rating flat bottoms becomes somewhat of an obsession, as Chris explains...

Read more
 Ally Smith 20 Dec 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

Brilliant stuff - reminds me of the long lost On The Edge magazine - more please
 simoninger 20 Dec 2017

"Basher, Gore, Plantpot, Phil Burke ...... Rab, Keith Sharples, Simon Lee and, save the best to last, Steve McClure"

List challenge:
Someone want to put together the present day 9 that would be the equivalent in 30 years' time?!
 Ramon Marin 20 Dec 2017
In reply to simoninger:

Pointless, they don't make them like that anymore

Great article, a fun read. Very inspiring that all those old-schoolers still going at it, I want to be like them in 20 years time.
 Greg Lucas 20 Dec 2017

Superb stuff, Chris. Made my day.
 Pete O'Donovan 20 Dec 2017

Hi Chris,

Brilliant article and inspirational on many different levels. You foremost, because you're still keen and working around your illness to get up stuff most 'fully functioning' climbers can't, but great to see lots of other old gits also going for it...

Leonidios looks fab.

Pete.
 zv 20 Dec 2017

I really enjoyed reading this! Excellent stuff, Chris!
 AP Melbourne 22 Dec 2017

Great that Chris, nice one.
One day perhaps ,,, you & the others will make it down here to Upsidedownland?
A. x
 jon 22 Dec 2017

Greek toilets, eh? Maybe the source of irritaion between Greece and Turkey? I remember staying in a hotel near Antalya whose toilets had a built in bidet - in the toilet itself - the discovery of which came as quite a surprise... So, if it's anal hygene you want, Turkey's yer answer...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...