UKC

Climbing trouser like 'everyday' trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sheelba 24 Dec 2017
I've never liked wearing jeans and since buying a pair of moon climbing trousers I have taken to wearing them most of the time. I'd like to buy a few more pairs of simple cotton trousers, that aren't old man Chinos, but struggle to find trousers like these in non-climbing shops. It seems silly to buy multiple pairs of climbing trousers, which are more expensive and designed specifically for climbing, for everyday use so can anyone suggest 'normal shops' where I can buy these type of trousers?
 Pina 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

Is your question 'where can I buy trousers?'.
 mik82 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

Just buy more climbing trousers. Preferably in "Euro" colours!
 olddirtydoggy 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

I've got an old shell suit you can have.
In reply to sheelba:

> It seems silly to buy multiple pairs of climbing trousers, which are more expensive and designed specifically for climbing, for everyday use

Simple answer to your problem - climb every day!

PPP 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

Try some stretchy jeans. They're so much comfier than regular jeans.
 tspoon1981 24 Dec 2017
In reply to PPP:

> Try some stretchy jeans. They're so much comfier than regular jeans.

Jeggings?
 Flinticus 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

I'm presently wearing my 'climbing' trousers and often wear my others as well (there pairs overall, two of which are Moon. None in happy Euro colours.)

Check online climbing sites for sales. I also bought one off UKC.
 GrahamD 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

Go to walking shops as opposed to climbing shops
 zv 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

I recommend the Decathlon walking trousers. Pretty cheap and they seem to last forever!
 Ciro 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

I pretty much live in decathlon climbing trousers outside of those occasions where I'm forced to wear something "smart"
 mrchewy 24 Dec 2017
In reply to sheelba:

Marmot do the sort of thing you're after. I got a climbing pair in light brown from Black's, they're lasting well.
 Appelhanns 19 Jan 2018
In reply to sheelba:

Apologies for the slight thread revival.

I bought the Decathlon Simond jeans yesterday but also found these golf trousers...

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mens-golf-trousers-500-grey-id_8382950.html

They are;

a) cheap

b) look normal 

c) more stretchy than some  £70 climbing specific trousers I tried.

Let me know what you guys think if you ever try them.

Gone for good 19 Jan 2018
In reply to sheelba:

Buy 3 pairs of Ronhills. That's you sorted for running, climbing, cross country skiing, summer mountaineeing and dancing!!!

TCP 19 Jan 2018
In reply to Gone for good:

But you look like a dick.

GridNorth 19 Jan 2018
In reply to TCP:

> But you look like a dick.

In a condom

Al

Phil79 19 Jan 2018
In reply to sheelba:

Primark stretchy jeans. job done.

TheAtrociousSnowman 19 Jan 2018
In reply to sheelba:

Prana 'Bronson Pants' are good if you only plan to climb the stairs and want to sport that gusseted crotch, carpenter look. I have 3 or 4 pairs but they seem to get a bit slimmer as the years progress ...

Tony Jones 19 Jan 2018
In reply to TheAtrociousSnowman:

+1 for the Prana Bronsons. Sizing is a bit weird but very flattering (it's been about thirty years since I could last get into a pair of 30" waist jeans).

TheAtrociousSnowman 19 Jan 2018
In reply to Tony Jones:

Just don't buy them in red or you will look like a New Town Flaneur and people will shout at you from cars.

tradisrad 19 Jan 2018
In reply to sheelba:

Patagonia Peformance Stretch Jeans. Expensive but lovely for climbing and look fashionable too!  

Tony Jones 19 Jan 2018

> Just don't buy them in red or you will look like a New Town Flaneur and people will shout at you from cars.

Oh crap! I have a red pair and was quite attached to them until I read that. It's no wonder my daughter keeps several paces behind me when I'm visiting Edinburgh.

[Edit] Currently looking in horror at New Town Flaneur on twitter. I will never wear my red breeks in public ever again.

Post edited at 18:24
 FreeHeelSki 20 Jan 2018
In reply to Tony Jones: Glad others think that PrAna sizing is weird. I think they're sized for Californian vegans, rather than folk that have far too easy regular access to Waitrose ltalian Meat Stoneground Pizzas.

Stew1803 20 Jan 2018
In reply to sheelba:

Try superdry or Hollister for softer jeans, or smart trousers. Jack and Jones for tougher but comfortable jeans/trousers

nathan79 20 Jan 2018

A quick search for New Town Flaneur revealed the Twitter feed and had me in stitches. As the owner of two bright red pairs of trousers (albeit softshells that don't often see street wear) I'm now glad to be aware of the dangers.

Hooo 20 Jan 2018
In reply to sheelba:

I hate jeans too, so mostly wear cargo trousers. Easily available at reasonable prices from many high street retailers.

alx 20 Jan 2018

> “Flaneur”

Definition:
A man who saunters around observing society.

Brilliant word!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...