UKC

Psychi triple fold Boulder pad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jockbmx666 29 Dec 2017
Has anybody owned or used one of these Psychi triple fold bouldering pads and if yes are they any good?
Will mainly be using it for my home garage wall and trips to Dartmoor,for the price it looks good but can't really find any reviews so any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
John
 dilatory 29 Dec 2017
In reply to jockbmx666:

I've got a normal folded one. Use it as a second pad to an Ocun (had a load of amazon vouchers and nothing I wanted, saw this pad and took a punt). It's a great pad for its price. Taken lots of falls on it and it's great. It seems there's only a high density layer on top so upside-down it squishes fast, which means you can only use it in strap getting muddy orientation. Otherwise no complaints. Strap is comfier than a lot of pads too.
OP jockbmx666 31 Dec 2017
In reply to dilatory:

Thanks for responding.
So the pad is firm enough then?
What is the cover like,tough enough to take the abuse of the moors?
 dilatory 31 Dec 2017
In reply to jockbmx666:

Yeah it's grand. Like I say if you use it upside down (straps facing up to keep a dry back) it seems to compress a lot faster so I assume there's only stiff foam on one side. Obviously I'd advise against doing that...

I've used it in Font, Peak and mostly north Wales. All sorts of terrain, esp. the bogs of North Wales and it's holding up great. I usually carry two pads (ocun wrapped over the psychi) and stitching is holding up perfectly.
OP jockbmx666 31 Dec 2017
In reply to dilatory:

Well travelled then.
Thanks again for replying and happy new year to you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...