UKC

Drone from china, would you buy one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 31 Dec 2017
My friend pointed me in the direction of a google play store app (wish) when i mentioned to him i was thinking of getting a drone, but was concerned about the prices in stores in the UK. Have looked on the app and you can get camara drones for a fraction of the price in the UK. Has anybody used this app to buy a drone from china and what was the picture quality of camara like (most seem to only have a 2 megapixel camera. Im not after a David Attenborough document quality camara and would not be using it loads hence the reluctance to splash out big bucks. If anyone has any suggestions of a good alternative to buying at a fraction of the uk store costs that would be great. Thanks in advance for any replys.
 mal_meech 31 Dec 2017
In reply to Russell Lovett:

From a quick google I’d only risk it if it’s money your willing to lose... seems like a gamble at best

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/wish.com
In reply to mal_meech:

Just checked out your link. Cheers for that you probably just saved me £40/60 and a whole lot of bother and waiting.
 balmybaldwin 31 Dec 2017

I think all drones come from China.

That wish thing looks to good to be true so it probably is
 summo 31 Dec 2017
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I think all drones come from China.
> That wish thing looks to good to be true so it probably is

Don't think it's any different to eBay or the others. Different site, same product. The quality of the product will vary of course if you are buying anything unbranded, but I wouldn't dream of buying anything electrical regardless of the price due to fire risk etc..
 Andy Johnson 01 Jan 2018

Be very cautious about cheap LiPo batteries, as they have been known to spontaneously combust. Personally I wouldn't take the risk.
Phil Payne 01 Jan 2018

I've ordered loads of stuff from wish.com and so far it's all been fine. Shipping takes a long time and things tend to come in plastic bags with a bit of bubble wrap if you're lucky. Just got an eachine e013 indoor drone, which is amazing for the price.
 SDM 01 Jan 2018

If you are looking for a cheapish drone that is still quite good quality, the Bebop Parrot 2 can be bought for ~£200 if you shop around and outperforms a lot of drones that cost a lot more.
Bernard Shakey 01 Jan 2018

No, not really
 TobyA 01 Jan 2018

My son saved all his money up from his 13th birthday and after hours and hours of reading reviews and the like picked a phone he wanted and bought it from the a Chinese website. Everything worked great and the phone quickly arrived and was really super - way better than you could get for that money locally. Unfortunately after about 6 months the battery started failing. Some slightly complicated emailing with the firm in China followed, and they were willing to take it back and replace the battery or give a credit to a new model if the battery had damaged the phone BUT we got into this ridiculous situation where we found out that the Chinese post office would not accept a parcel with a phone battery in it so there wasn't anyway we could ship it back to the company he had bought it from. At this point they sort of shrugged and said that posting laws weren't their problem so there wasn't anything else they could do. Obviously quite upsetting for a youngster who had spent all their birthday (and some saved Xmas) money on that special thing. Now I'd only buy from China via Amazon, Ebay etc. where you have EU (or in a couple of years I suppose, UK) consumer protection rights. Lots of Chinese sites seems to have EU warehouses now which makes both getting parcels and returning faulty products much easier.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...