UKC

Interview with Ned and his underground cellar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alx 07 Jan 2018

Too good not to share. A short piece on Ned and his cellar dwelling training, which is well produced.

Not your average interview graphics.

https://www.theprojectmagazine.com/cinema/2018/1/5/56-underground
Post edited at 21:52
 mal_meech 08 Jan 2018
In reply to alx:

Reminded me a little of splinter...

https://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=3414
 stp 09 Jan 2018
In reply to alx:

Cool vid, one of a really good series in fact.

Not sure about his comments on social media though. On the one hand I think it's really cool and refreshing not trying to big himself up and he just lets his achievements speak for themselves. On the other hand though it seems like social media has become the default way for climbers to communicate these days.

I wonder if many climbers out there have the same point of view and are just posting stuff to please their sponsors. Janja Garnbret has just done another 9a at Santa Linya but not bothered to report it on her Instagram page yet.
 Mick Ward 09 Jan 2018
In reply to alx:

Splinter for another generation. God, I wish I had just a tiny fraction of their power. But great to see them have that power. Long may it last.

Mick
In reply to Mick Ward:

> Splinter for another generation. God, I wish I had just a tiny fraction of their power. But great to see them have that power. Long may it last.

> Mick

Mick, have you seen the vid of Ned doing pull-ups on the Beastmaker using Shauna a a weight vest?
Takes some dedication to the cause to get that strong.
Paul
 scoobydougan 09 Jan 2018
In reply to Mick Ward:

Couldn't watch it all dull as dishwater, will some one bring back the fun ?
 nastyned 09 Jan 2018
In reply to alx:

It's all lies. I never talk to anyone about my underground cellar and what goes on there.
 Mick Ward 10 Jan 2018
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

> Mick, have you seen the vid of Ned doing pull-ups on the Beastmaker using Shauna a a weight vest?

> Takes some dedication to the cause to get that strong.

Hi Paul,

That's brilliant! I struggle enough on a Beastmaker, with no (external) handicap.

Climbing's moved on... and on... and on.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...