UKC

BLCC 2018 when?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JLS 12 Jan 2018

Does anyone know or care to guess when the BLCC will be this year?

I expect it'll be around the same time I might want to head out to Kalymnos so ideally would like to know before booking...

Dandan 12 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

Well its been in October the last two years at least so that's a starting point, that might be as precise as you will get for a few months until a date is released.

I take it it's not yet on the BMC calendar? 

OP JLS 12 Jan 2018
In reply to Dandan:

Yeah, I figure it'll either be 6-7 or 13-14 October. Not sure the later weekend would tie in with my plans.

I gather BMC comp organiser has moved on and so updating the BMC Calendar with such things may have fallen through the .cracks...

Post edited at 22:44
 lx 13 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

the comps committee meeting is in a few weeks and comp dates for the year should be finalised then.  I imagine it’ll be around the same time, (early/mid October) and at Ratho this year  

OP JLS 14 Jan 2018
In reply to lx:

Seriously, it's definitely at Ratho this year?

That would be fantastic news! The 5 hour Friday night drive after work did nothing for my form last year.

If you can can just mention to the committee that 6th-7th are my preferred dates, that would be great thanks. 

lx 14 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

Nothing is definite yet but it’s pretty likely as the general consensus is it should move. Unfortunately Sheffield and ratho are the only two real options at the moment. 

johncook 14 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

I believe they have a new organiser already in place from the 1st of the year. No doubt there will be an announcement soon as the BMC are very much into openness and communication!

Iain McKenzie 15 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

It is likely to be the weekend of 6/7th Oct but will be confirmed at the meeting on the 6th Feb, Zoe Spriggs has just taken over as Competitions Programme Manager at the BMC and she is just awaiting confirmation from a few people (inc. Ratho) on bits before fully releasing the confirmed dates.

Robert Durran 15 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

> If you can can just mention to the committee that 6th-7th are my preferred dates, that would be great thanks. 

Me too. If it's at Ratho that weekend (can't do the next two) and it's raining and I'm not injured, it would be good fun to enter the veterans again, especially if a few other people did (the one other time I entered there were only 4 of us!).  If nothing else the disincentive to shout "take" in front of a crowd of people would be good for my climbing.......

Ian W 15 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

Slightly off-topic, but for those who have read comp threads in the past, you will have seen me commenting / posting regularly as comp comm chair. No more, I'm afraid, my time is up, and Iain Mackenzie is now in the hotseatAll whining and moaning to him please

I'll still be around, theres every chance I'll be the JP / Chief Judge at the BLCC's so see you there!

Ian W,

Ex -chair, BMC Comps.

OP JLS 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Robert Durran:

We'll have to work on Buzz to make sure 6-7th are the only dates Ratho can do.

OP JLS 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Iain McKenzie:

Cheers, that sounds encouraging...

OP JLS 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Ian W:

>"theres every chance I'll be the JP / Chief Judge"

I look forward to the argument about whether or not I got the plus.

In reply to Ian W:

Does that mean you are available as a Judge at the CWIF?

Edit. Ps thanks for your time as Chair, I probably know more than most what you were up against!

Post edited at 21:35
 Ian W 15 Jan 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

I can do the CWIF (judging, not climbing, that is..........).

And it wouldn't be fun if it was easy

Just let me know what you want done.

Post edited at 21:48
 Ian W 15 Jan 2018
In reply to JLS:

> >"theres every chance I'll be the JP / Chief Judge"

> I look forward to the argument about whether or not I got the plus.

Just top it. No doubts then.   

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...