UKC

Long Easy Multi-Pitches in the February Sun?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
markokeogh 13 Jan 2018

Hey Folks,

I've a week off in February and I'm looking to get out of Ireland for the week and getting some climbing done.

I'll be climbing with my partner who doesn't really like doing anything too difficult. She has been on multi-pitch sea cliffs up to VS with me but after an epic she decided the adventurous stuff wasn't for her.

So I'm looking for recommendation of any where that I might find some long easy routes (Severe and under) or even ridge climbs, if such a place exists.

I was thinking south of Spain. Looked at El Chorro but doesnt look like much easy stuff there (well that has starred routes).

Can anyone help me out as to where might be suitable?

Thanks

Post edited at 21:30
 Trangia 13 Jan 2018
In reply to markokeogh:

Bernia Ridge near Calpe, Spain

Bernia Ridge (4c)

You can't bank on good weather as early as February though, and risk it being crappy weather.

dunnyg 13 Jan 2018
In reply to Trangia:

Tafraoute and the surrounds. Alots of big easy multipitch trad 

Derry 13 Jan 2018
In reply to markokeogh:

My partner is in the same boat. We went to Majorca last year and did Albahida (Gubia Normal) (4c) which was 8 good pitches and a lovely scramble to the top which we stayed roped up for.

Another classic was Espolón Central (4c) just outside benidorm. 12 pitches, good belays but a bit of a hike in and scree descent. Amazing climbing though.

Currently planning this years long easy multi pitch and it might be Croatia in April or Austria in august.

Have fun wherever you end up

Mark Eddy 13 Jan 2018
In reply to markokeogh:

Lots here in Costa Blanca. Bernia as mentioned is a great day out at an amenable grade. Here's info on a few others in the area: http://www.mountain-journeys.co.uk/ridge-traverses--easy-climbs.html

There is a Spanish guidebook available for some of the ridges: Crests y Aristas de la Comunidad Valenciana by Joan Crespo Sempere.

The Rockfax guide probably has enough to go at though.

markokeogh 25 Jan 2018
In reply to markokeogh:

Thanks for all the info guys!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...