UKC

Weekend Mountain Leader Training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyWain 14 Jan 2018

Hi there

I have just registered onto the ML course and now need to do the training. Being self-employed taking a week out to do the training can be quite costly with lost income. I was therefore wondering if anyone was offered the training at weekends and if so what the dates and costs are.

Many thanks

martinturner 14 Jan 2018
In reply to ar2000d:

Yr Hafod do it over two/three weekends (can’t remember which) at a reasonable price. 

Worth a look

jezb1 14 Jan 2018
In reply to ar2000d:

I’m an ML provider but don’t run split courses I’m afraid.

Check out Louise Tully and Phil George if you’re looking in N Wales, they both do split ones. You’ll be looking at somewhere around £325 - £375 ish.

Fiona Reid 14 Jan 2018
In reply to ar2000d:

There are various providers that offer the training over 2 or 3 weekends. Just google for "split weekend summer mountain leader training" and you should get a bunch of hits. 

The find a course search on the Mountain Training website can help too. Just stick in some dates and then click on the info section which gives the dates + details of whether it's over split weekends or not. 

E.g. for April the following providers (giving their name under the Mountain Training listings) do split weekend courses: 

Yr Hafod Scout Activity Centre - over 3 weekends

Steve Spalding - over 2 weekends

Pescod - also does split date courses but the April dates don't span weekends

Pete Goldsmith - 3 weekends, one in April, May and June 

Post edited at 19:08
 pjcollinson 14 Jan 2018
In reply to ar2000d:

I can recommend Phil George. I did a split assessment with him for the same reasons are yourself.

SebCa 14 Jan 2018
In reply to ar2000d:

I did mine with Phil George as course director and Yr Hafod running the course. It was really good and the break in between allowed me to thrash out any issues I had between the weekends. 

mike123 14 Jan 2018
In reply to ar2000d:

Andy Brown does them in the lakes and they are very well run .

meggies 15 Jan 2018
In reply to AndyWain:

These guys do - Peak/North Wales split for the training:

http://www.beyondtheedge.co.uk

KevinJ 15 Jan 2018
In reply to AndyWain:

+1 for Andy Brown in the Lakes

really must go back to do my SPA!

D.botts87 16 Jan 2018
In reply to AndyWain:

The Anderton Centre in Lancashire run split weekend course.

A quick google will find their course dates 

D. Saxton 16 Jan 2018
In reply to AndyWain:

Try www.adventure-unlimited.co.uk or the Mountain Training website lists split training courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...