UKC

Climbing shoe shops in/near Dorset?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I've relied on repeat buys of same shoe from bananfingers for years but find they no longer fit so need to find a new shoe- Seems to be increasingly hard to find a well stocked shop to try on climbing shoes - got go/cotwolds near by but they never have a big range or size range. Anyone got any shop recommendations as close to Dorset as possible?

Cheers

In reply to Mike Weatherill:

Maybe buying from 'the internet' for years and there now being few actual climbing shops around could be linked.

In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

Would be if there'd ever been a good climbing shoe shop in Dorset - but not found one in the time I've lived here 

tim.rose2 24 Jan 2018

Go outdoors in Poole have a reasonable selection of all the usual brands, though the staff are always keen to flog you something quickly rather than spend the time required.  You just need to be persistent!  

I've not bought from them, but when I popped into The Projects bouldering centre to have a look around the other day I was surprised at the range they had on sale in their shop.  Seemed like a good contrast to Go Outdoors so between the two (which are only 10mins walk apart) I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something.  They don't have an online shop so unless you climb there it's unlikely you know about it.  I only popped in to have a look as a friend had bought new shoes there having not found anything in Go Outdoors.

As you say Cotswolds in Bournemouth is a lost cause and when I visit other climbing areas I'm always jealous of their shops compared to what we have.

Tim

Wyn 24 Jan 2018

Taunton Leisure has a good selection if that's not too far for you. Nice day out as well, there's a dinosaur museum nearby!

Derry 24 Jan 2018

Usually a limited supply at great western camping in Dorchester. Great service and extra points for supporting a local business. Worth a look for their great selection of other kit too!

In reply to Derry:

many thanks for info

In reply to Wyn:

will check them out, thanks

In reply to tim.rose2:

Thanks for info-

Go is very limited and don't seem to do half sizes & I'd love to support the Project by buying shoes - they also give you a free climb when you buy a pair, but they can only afford to keep a limited stock - and unfortunately don't have my size- guess I'll try further away

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...