UKC

Living in a campervan in Chamonix for the summer?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
markokeogh 25 Jan 2018

Hey folks,

I'm moving to Chamonix for the summer and I was wondering if it is feasible to live in a camper van there?  Has anyone here done it before that can give me a little insight into the ease of camper living (not on a campsite)?

I've heard people can be moved on during winter season due to the amount of people around at that time but I haven't heard anything about the summer season.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

betathief 25 Jan 2018
In reply to markokeogh: we spent two months in summer 2017, stayed in a van the whole time. No trouble from the police. There are a few areas that are door to door campers, so you won't be alone. The problem with no campsites is getting rid of your waste, depending what type of van you have. 

markokeogh 16 Feb 2018
In reply to betathief:

Apologies. Thought I replied.

Thanks for the info!!

JackM92 16 Feb 2018
In reply to markokeogh:

Was there for 2 months in the Autumn. No trouble from anyone and plenty of friendly people also staying in their vans.

However in Chamonix itself there's not many nice and quiet spots to park up. Would imagine it'd be even worst in summer, but in September and October it's still crazy busy. Perhaps I'm too used to the highlands though!

There's a public toilet and sink at a parking spot on the way out of town towards Argentiere, otherwise Les Galliands had a toilet (although it's locked a lot of the time).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...