UKC

T-Rex photo in Pete's Eats

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dinodinosaur 27 Jan 2018

In Pete's eats there is a photo of Jimmy Jewel soloing T-Rex. I really like this photo and wondered if anyone knew who took it and if there was a way to get hold of a print of the photo? I know I'm probably asking the impossible as it was probably a one off but I thought it was worth asking UKC because if anyone can help me then they can.

Cheers all 

kipper12 27 Jan 2018
In reply to dinodinosaur:

I was expecting a photo of a T-Rex skulking around the slate quarries

Deadeye 27 Jan 2018

At a guess, Leo Dickinson

Si Witcher 27 Jan 2018

My guess would be that Alun Hughes took that shot while filming Total Control, which includes the solo of T Rex by JJ.

FactorXXX 27 Jan 2018

Paul Williams.

OP dinodinosaur 27 Jan 2018
In reply to switch:

Just looked at that film, the 80s birth of extreme looks like a great film collection, definitely gonna have to buy it! 

Rob Parsons 27 Jan 2018
In reply to switch:

> My guess would be that Alun Hughes took that shot while filming Total Control, which includes the solo of T Rex by JJ.

I was going to suggest that - but then I wondered how he could have taken stills whilst also filming. My other suggestion (also already made) was going to be Paul Williams - he took the well-known shot of Jimmy Jewel soloing The Axe on Cloggy.

Jimmy Jewel's solo of T-Rex was the first time that route had been soloed, I believe.

dr evil 27 Jan 2018

Its most likely Al's shot but I don't think he had the originals anymore, just whatever prints exist. It would be good if someone could make a high quality scan of that image in Pete's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...