UKC

VIDEO: BIFF 2018 Live Stream

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Jan 2018
BIFF 2018, 4 kbFun, footless and freaking ridiculous - The Beastmaker International Footless Festival run by Ned Feehally and Shauna Coxsey is dedicated to raising as much money as possible for Climbers Against Cancer. Who will be crowned Mr and Mrs BIFF this year? Tune in to the One Five Nine Show on Saturday to find out, as they bring you all the action from this crazy competition. They'll also be helping to raise extra money by having a live auction on the stream, so get your wallets ready and make 2018 BIFF's biggest year.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

35 minutes of build up for 15 minutes of utter tripe. Such a dissapointing finale. 

In reply to UKC News:

Better footage including the qualifiers at

youtube.com/watch?v=irHJKw3Y744&

Megos on the ‘ring my bell’ problem was a window into why he’s one of the world’s best climbers, the application to the task is inspiring. As was watching him warm up on the Murple circuit yesterday afternoon.

malk 28 Jan 2018
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

that's all very well but can he do the hanging bar challenge?

youtube.com/watch?v=dPNOszystxk&

Supersonic 28 Jan 2018
In reply to becauseitsthere:

I think you're being unnecessarily churlish. Jim Pope was a joy to watch in the final. His footwork was second to none.

In reply to Supersonic:

No I'm not. It was totally overhyped. Several of the matchups lasted less than 2 seconds. 

Supersonic 28 Jan 2018

Jim Pope had footwork that was second to none in the final and all you can complain about is a couple of second division players who weren't up to scratch?

stp 28 Jan 2018
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

I watched Alex a few days before the comp on the Works comp wall. He did one of the orange problems completely footless - wasn't even wearing shoes. Jan Hojer then tried and couldn't even do it using his feet - well not in the first few tries at least. Very impressive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeeTERuALes/?taken-by=shaunacoxsey

I was actually surprised he didn't win. Great effort by Jim Pope, who after about 30 campus moves was still able to hang one handed and try to knock off Alex.

I did wonder if Alex was disadvantaged by his round against Louis Parkinson. That round was run twice and both times it was quite long. And there didn't seem much rest time between that and the final.

stp 28 Jan 2018

I was definitely disappointed not more of the comp was shown. I would have liked to have seen some more of the problems.

I thought the pre-BIFF video featuring Grimer was the most entertaining part:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrcTHkwPqsA&

In reply to stp:

Good point about the extra round against Louis. The boy Parkinson did show extraordinary sportsmanship though, pretty rare these days and something to be proud of.

Spanish Jack 29 Jan 2018
In reply to stp:

I think so, too.

Louis was a very tough nut to crack and I think both Alex and Louis were completely drained after the second go. The very final was therefor a bit unfair but it is a fun competition after all. 

Congrats to Pope. 

Was surprised how Hojer didn't find his flow at all.

stp 29 Jan 2018
In reply to Spanish Jack:

There's a great bit of footage of Jan looking pretty strong on one of the problems:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeilJxdglM8/

Kristof252 29 Jan 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Really rubbish footage tbh. Barely covered any of the competition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...