UKC

San Bartolo Trad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 routrax 27 Jan 2018

San Bartolo

I'm off to Spain next weekend for some (hopefully) sunny climbing and planning on heading to San Bartoto.

I've not got a guidebook yet, apparently they are easy to source locally, but was wondering what the trad was like there. The UKC description says there's routes from around VS but only lists an e1 (a bit above my paygrade!). 

Anyone trad climbed there? If so is it worth me taking my rack or just clip bolts?

Cheers

Steve

DWS gibraltar 29 Jan 2018
In reply to routrax:

Hi, live in Gibraltar. Take your trad rack the climbing is great! All the trad routes are in full sun which is nice in the winter!

Post edited at 11:30
In reply to routrax:

Climbed there a couple of times with David Munilla. Here is a link to a bit about his new guide to the Cadiz area.  Sorry can't comment on the trad routes as we just did sports climbs.

https://www.facebook.com/david.munillafauro?hc_ref=ARSDCEgq6ApBE2m9_BZgC1vW...

In reply to routrax:

PS found grades quite tough so advise starting below your grade and working up. 

In reply to routrax: check these out, sorry about the music tho

youtube.com/watch?v=c37iCbJYG6E&  youtube.com/watch?v=JrOHGsgZ3kY&  youtube.com/watch?v=xpzD3pNI51s&

Post edited at 18:10
OP routrax 29 Jan 2018
In reply to Martyn Nicholson:

I'd heard that, I think I'll be starting on easy stuff!

OP routrax 29 Jan 2018
In reply to DWS gibraltar:

Looks amazing! (had to mute the music ).

Definitely taking my rack after seeing those pics.

Rope wise, I've got an 80m (triple rated) a 60m and a pair of 60s, do you recon I'll be ok with just the 80 doubled for the trad? 

Cheers

Steve

In reply to routrax:

Hi, Just take your 80 you will be fine. Most  routes have good pro and bolted stances .

Have fun

OP routrax 29 Jan 2018
In reply to DWS gibraltar:

Excellent, thanks for your help.

DWS gibraltar 30 Jan 2018
In reply to routrax:

while your around pop into Gib for some dws https://www.facebook.com/adventureclimb/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...