UKC

Climbing Gear Stolen in Sheffield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
LauraKfelts 31 Jan 2018

HI all,

I know this is a bit random and a long shot but unfortunately we had our climbing gear stolen from our car last night (2 pairs of shoes, 2 harnesses and a rope).

If anyone know of any climbing forums for second hand selling in Sheffield, would you let me know so I can keep an eye out for my things?

It's such a shame as everything is quite new but will probably end up in someones bin since no-one will buy it secondhand!

Thanks
L

danm 31 Jan 2018
In reply to LauraKfelts:

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Some friends had some stuff taken from by the Foundry the other week, again from a car. Have you informed the police?

I can't think of any Sheffield forums - if the thief tries to sell things on it'll likely be on places like ebay, gumtree or one of the outdoor gear sales facebook groups. Good luck getting it back.

LauraKfelts 31 Jan 2018
In reply to danm:

Hi

Thanks for responding! I guess its not too unusual in Sheffield unfortunately- it's a downside to being well known as a good climbing city! 

We contacted the police but because of the nature of our car park and the fact in rained heavily there's not much they can do. 

I'll keep an eye out - luckily I am an ebay fiend! It's worth a shot!

Wiley Coyote2 31 Jan 2018
In reply to LauraKfelts:

Sorry to hear that. But who buys this stuff? I suppose I might be tempted perhaps by second hand wires  or cams that you can check and I can see that someone may buy second hand shoes  but a rope?  No way!

Rob Parsons 31 Jan 2018
In reply to LauraKfelts:

Bastards. Anyway, good luck in getting it back.

This comes as too late for you, but, after having two full rucksacks worth of winter climbing gear nicked from a car I had left parked outside friends' place on the drive up north, I now *never* leave anything visible in cars parked overnight.

LauraKfelts 31 Jan 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

We've learned this lesson! It was in the boot so I'll add to your suggestion to take everything inside at the end of the day!

LauraKfelts 31 Jan 2018
In reply to Wiley Coyote2:

This is probably the most frustrating thing about the whole situation - the bag is most likely in a bin already once they realised it was (quite smelly) climbing gear.

Post edited at 18:57
 Baz P 01 Feb 2018
In reply to LauraKfelts:

Also keep an eye on Cash Converters. There are three shops in Sheffield. Try the web site for climbing gear.

Skip 01 Feb 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

>  I now *never* leave anything visible in cars parked overnight.

Too add to this, I've always thought it a bit of an advert to have one's car/van covered in climbing stickers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...