UKC

Parking for Amptrax in el chorro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 betathief 02 Feb 2018

Hey,

i was was wondering where the best place to park for this sector/climb in el chorro. I have a 3.5t high top sprinter, so I'm often limited in where I can park.p, so thought I'd ask in advance.

i know I can park on the road near the olive branch below las encantadas, but not sure how far the walk in is from there? Is there anything closer, I do not have a guidebook and online has limited information on parking.

thanks

spidermonkey09 02 Feb 2018
In reply to betathief:

The walk in is about 20 minutes to the base of amptrax, its very pleasant through the forest and not steep. You can also drive down the track; not sure you're entirely meant to but plenty did while I was there. Take the RH track off the encantadas road and follow for about 2km (ish). taking the LH fork when you have a choice. Park where the road turns hard right (there'll probably be someone else parked there). The further you go the worse the track gets but you should be fine in a sprinter. Plenty of good van spots along this road to park up for the night in a lovely setting.

OP betathief 02 Feb 2018
In reply to spidermonkey09:

Cheers, just had a good look at google maps and I think I can see where you mean. Large area of open ground on the hard right turn! Looks good and very tucked away! 

petellis 02 Feb 2018
In reply to betathief:

You park in the parking at the bottom.  

This sounds glib but it really is that simple, drive through the village and along a bit of track round the back of the campsite and there is a car-park next to the railway line.  I reckon you'd be fine in a hi-top and last time I was there it was an unofficial car camp spot.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...