UKC

European April Climbing Destination

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JoeSchamp 09 Feb 2018

Hello everyone just looking for some advice.

Hoping to go on a 8/9 day climbing trip on the third week of April with my girlfriend. Been to Spain (Siurana) 3 times so looking to go elsewhere but still need a place that isn't too expensive (students) and has a range of grades (low 6's to mid 7's).

El Chorro is the first place to come to mind as affordable but I would really like to explore a new country and culture but cant find anywhere suitable (ie affordable). Really keen on somewhere in Greece (Kalymnos looks incredible!) or Turkey but flights seems prohibitively expensive. Open to any and all suggestions and have considered Italy and Croatia. Flying out of Scotland for flights reference.

Any information or recommendations would be appreciated!

Jon Stewart 09 Feb 2018
In reply to JoeSchamp:

For normal bolt-clipping,

Leonidio (Greece mainland) is brilliant and quite cheap and easy to get to - flight to Athens.

Geyikbayiri (Antalya, Turkey) is excellent and a very convenient trip, but I'm guessing your flights are crap from Scotland?

For a much bigger and more exciting experience, go to Riglos!

heleno 09 Feb 2018
In reply to JoeSchamp:

Osp in Slovenia.  You can fly to whichever of the Venice area airports has cheapest flights.  

silhouette 12 Feb 2018
In reply to JoeSchamp:

Second what Heleno has just said.  Osp is outstanding.  Let us know if you need more info. 

Wallker 13 Feb 2018
In reply to JoeSchamp:

Geyikbeyiri in turkey. Cheap,typical heavily featured European limestone climbing, and amazing social atmosphere(stay at one of the campgrounds and you get to meet tons of awesome people and climbing partners).

My main piece of advice would be to take the full 2-3 weeks and use it all in one place. Most of these places have months worth of climbing and a week doesn't even scratch the surface. With a longer stay you get to develop more awesome relationships with people as well.

Toerag 13 Feb 2018
In reply to JoeSchamp:

Arco is somewhere that many Germans go to at Easter, but that's an easy drive for them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...