UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Armorican One Armed Bandit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Feb 2018
Armorican One Armed Bandit, 3 kbThis week's Friday Night Video is another from UKC user David Linnett of Bald Eagle Productions. The film features Andrew Walker who had a catastrophic motorbike accident ten years ago.

Read more
 leewil86 09 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic video,  what an inspiration  loved it. 

simes303 09 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Hi Andrew if you're reading this. I once met you at the top of Chalkstorm at The Roaches and exactly a week later on the belay at the top of the hard pitch of The Cow at Gogarth. I was well into motorbikes at the time, and the only thing I remember from our conversations was that you said you'd done Sheffield to Gogarth in a ridiculous time, I'm pretty sure you said under two and a half hours. It's a lovely video. All the best mate. Simon. x

Gone for good 09 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic indeed. Another quality climbing film showing British climbers and the British coastline at their best!

LimelightAngel 09 Feb 2018
In reply to simes303:

Blimey Simon, yes, a few Moons ago, no?  Great times.  Glad you liked David's film - he, Emma and Henry were great fun.  Naw, best Bamford to Gogarth Ducati lap time was 1 hour 37 minutes . I'm now reduced to attacking Google Maps times in a Subaru tin box, altho' the recent 36 minutes to Manchester airport put a familiar old smile on my wizened chops . bestest to you. Andrew.

BALD EAGLE 10 Feb 2018
In reply to leewil86:

> Fantastic video,  what an inspiration  loved it. 

Thanks a million lee for taking the time to post your kind words. Andrew is a really inspiring guy and I'm glad you enjoyed my wee video! Cheers Dave

BALD EAGLE 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Gone for good:

> Fantastic indeed. Another quality climbing film showing British climbers and the British coastline at their best!

Many thanks Wanderer for your kind comments! Craig Caerfai in North Pemby is a beautiful place to climb in a superb setting so well worth a visit for anyone who has never been or a revisit if you have! Cheers Dave

cwarby 10 Feb 2018
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Cannot help but think what an interesting film someone like you could make putting Andrew together with a certain Mr J D.

Whatever, keep 'em coming!

Chris

olddirtydoggy 10 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Saw this one when he put it out. The best climbing vids out there.

Derek Ryden 10 Feb 2018
In reply to LimelightAngel:

I make that an average of 92mph. I'm hugely impressed and horrified in equal measure!

Derek Ryden 10 Feb 2018
In reply to cwarby:

Agree, a double feature with The Dawes could be very, very special.

BALD EAGLE 10 Feb 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> Saw this one when he put it out. The best climbing vids out there.

Thanks a million Mr odd the cheques in the post! Cheers Dave

Greasy Prusiks 10 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Another great film Dave. Can we expect any more soon? 

BALD EAGLE 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Derek Ryden and cwarby:

> Agree, a double feature with The Dawes could be very, very special.

Thanks for your kind feedback guys and as it happens Andrew and Johnny go back a long way and are mates! Maybe I can come up with a suitable climbing film project with those one armed/hands free boy racer rascals going for a cheeky climb together... Cheers Dave

Post edited at 14:42
 BALD EAGLE 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

> Another great film Dave. Can we expect any more soon? 

Thanks Greasy Prusiks look out for "Am Buachaille- the movie" coming out soon... Cheers Dave

John Cuthbert 10 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Me and Andy had  couple of weeks around Saas fe a few years ago. He was climbing even harder then (5+/6a or HVS), and everywhere we went (particularly when we were overtaking folk), strangers would approach him, grasp him enthusistically by his remaining upper limb, and exult him as 'an inspiration'. This, and, well, just watching the man devise devious techniques to overcome the trickiness of alpine granite (my fav move was the chin sprag),  gave me a whole new appreciation of what climbing can be about. That feelin is with me still. Thanks Andy.

John Cuthbert

Greasy Prusiks 10 Feb 2018
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Cheers Dave, looking forward to it. 

sjminfife 10 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

An amazing video and story.

AndyG71 10 Feb 2018
In reply to John Cuthbert:

Think we could have been amongst those 'strangers' trying to keep up with you on the Dri Hornli. Not sure what was more memorable, seeing one of Andy's dynos or him belaying you while assembling a rollup ! Seeing the way the two of you worked together and the fun you seemed to be having was truly inspirational and I never tire of recounting tales of that day. Handy now having a great wee film to back up my story !

Another Andy

BALD EAGLE 11 Feb 2018
In reply to sjminfife:

> An amazing video and story.

Hey sjminfife a big thanks for your positive words and I'm very pleased you enjoyed my vid! Andrew and I have already discussed making a sequel this year so watch space... Cheers Dave

ericinbristol 11 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent film! Many thanks for that. 

sjminfife 11 Feb 2018
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Most of the time we are bombarded with adverts for essential new "stuff", tales of barely surviving in places we have never heard of and ascents of overhanging limestone that most of us would use to shelter from a shower. Your videos of routes we can all aspire to with a great back story are always an inspiration to quit the armchair and have an adventure.

BALD EAGLE 11 Feb 2018
In reply to ericinbristol:

> Excellent film! Many thanks for that. 

Hey there ericinbristol many thanks to you and I really appreciate your appreciation! Cheers Dave

BALD EAGLE 11 Feb 2018
In reply to sjminfife:

> Your videos of routes we can all aspire to with a great back story are always an inspiration to quit the armchair and have an adventure.

Thanks dude muchly appreciated! Cheers Dave

Deadeye 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Derek Ryden:

> I make that an average of 92mph. I'm hugely impressed and horrified in equal measure!

I'm 100% horrified.

Nice film though.

John Cuthbert 11 Feb 2018
In reply to AndyG71:

Hey Andy, it was us, and I remember that day well..

hope you are going well..

John C

BALD EAGLE 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Deadeye:

> I'm 100% horrified.

Erm yes!

> Nice film though.

...and thanks! Cheers Dave

Southvillain 13 Feb 2018
In reply to cwarby:

Presume you've seen the BALD EAGLE film of Johnny Dawes `walking up' the Devils Slide on Lundy. In a pair of EBs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTOnNwLUbk&t=20s

cwarby 13 Feb 2018
In reply to Southvillain:

Absolutely. As wanderer100 said, great showcase of Britains coastline, hence suggesting more. A Tour de UKSlab routes perhaps?? Suggestions?

BALD EAGLE 13 Feb 2018
In reply to Southvillain:

> Presume you've seen the BALD EAGLE film of Johnny Dawes `walking up' the Devils Slide on Lundy. In a pair of EBs...

Thanks for the plug Southvillian and I should be teaming up with Johnny sometime soon to film him on another "walk"! Wearing those EB's again... Cheers Dave

BALD EAGLE 14 Feb 2018
In reply to cwarby:

> Absolutely. As wanderer100 said, great showcase of Britains coastline, hence suggesting more. A Tour de UKSlab routes perhaps?? Suggestions?

Talking to Mr Dawes recently he is very keen to be filmed "walking" up some classic slab routes in the Llanberis slate quarry, Cloggy and Glen Etive for example.
As for your suggestions for UK slab routes? I guess the best can be found on this excellent and comprehensive list as voted for by the UKC masses! 
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=170

PoppyGarlick 27 Feb 2018

This is sounding pretty interesting for buyers of the newly designed bandit buddy now they will like its functions. Instead asking of helps from others you can buy http://www.bestaussiwriter.com/ online that is very helpful solution for this purpose.

Post edited at 09:04
 BALD EAGLE 28 Feb 2018
In reply to PoppyGarlick:

Wow thanks for that...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...