UKC

Bouldering with a view in Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 10 Feb 2018

Which quality bouldering spots in Wales would you recommend for a view to die for and/or remote from the masses?

Cheers

Rob

dilatory 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

Crafnant and Wavelength Boulders have a pretty cracking view. Ogwen cottage boulders don't have much there but it's easy to access outside of busy times (good for a summer evening quickie) and has an epic view too, likewise sheep pen a bit further down.

Post edited at 08:30
In reply to Oogachooga:

As above, in The Pass, for a brilliant circuit and views. Take in The Satellites, Pieshop, Wavelength, then head on up towards Cyrn Las and The Meadow, then head right to follow your nose and discover hidden gems.

Other boulderers  thin out by Wavelength (its a solid ascent with a pad), then you’re only likely to see walkers. Brilliant views up and down the Pass, and the clanking of bumbling from the crags opposite give it and alpine feel.

Bulls Crack 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

Mynydd Dinas has a great view over North Pembrokeshire

Post edited at 09:09
 philluu 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

Not as mountainous as some of the others but Trawsfynydd ( Carreg yr Ogof) is remote and I enjoyed the backdrop at least...

In reply to philluu:

not been there yet, but its on my list. Looks like a lovely spot.

Wft 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

sheep pen, especially with fly pasts 

OP Oogachooga 10 Feb 2018

Just what I needed. Cheers to you all.

In reply to Wood for Trees:

> sheep pen, especially with fly pasts 

+1 for this, and the quality of climbing is xceptional.

nice spot to be with the main relatively sheltered (and wildly overhanging) problems dry, and  surrounding peaks with a dusting of snow.

zv 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

Drive by wall just next to the Pillbox on the Great Orme has some good stuff between F6a+ and Fveryhard with a cracking view. The cave is always busy, but this little gem hardly ever gets any attention from what I've seen.

Post edited at 12:05
 Mike Peacock 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

Sheep Pen has a pretty good view:

Gorlan (The Sheep Pen)

As for remote, the Pumlumon boulders must be a contender?

Pumlumon Boulders

Post edited at 12:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...