UKC

What the hell is a Berghaus Nalma jacket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone Muppet 10 Feb 2018

Looks like a sensible goretex and available on SportPursuit with a very enticing discount from the supposed £400 RRP

Not on the Berghaus website though

Google search shows nothing other than a Teton forum thread asking the same question

Makes me wonder if it's even a legit Berghaus product at all? Has anyone tried one? Basically wtf?

Mal Grey 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Stone Muppet:

Best guess is its a special make up either for a particular retailer, or a particular country/region, which Sport Pursuit have agreed a job lot of. It may even be special to them, though if so not come across that before with SP. It'll definitely be a legitimate Berghaus Gore-Tex product, the only question being whether it ever really retailed at £400. Either way, the current price is good if you like the look of it.

ripper 10 Feb 2018

Or a product line that's been discontinued/replaced? I don't know, just guessing.

OP Stone Muppet 10 Feb 2018
In reply to ripper:

You'd think if it was an old product line google would still have oodles of hits for it

neuromancer 10 Feb 2018

It's just renamed old product 

jimtitt 10 Feb 2018

From probably insane boredom I actually searched for it in German, there is one (unused) for sale on ebay in Germany. Says it´s a ski jacket, €295 or offer. So it does/did exist.

olddirtydoggy 11 Feb 2018

I have a Mountain Equipment Diablo (not the fleece) Goretex Pro shell that never saw general production that I got from a bargin bin. It's an absolutely bombproof jacket with minimal features and there's no record of it. Sometimes these things end up in clearance outlets, bargin rails and factory sales. If it works, fits and is the right price then it's all good. I've no complaint with mine at £125!

Catojp 11 Feb 2018

I was asking myself the same question and getting nowhere fast too. But it’s seems a reasonable price for a GTX pro shell?

neuromancer 11 Feb 2018

Had another look. It's a recoloured Kanchenjunga II pro. 

You can get a 7000 pro for the same price in the sale though which is a more modern cut, pattern and fabric.

Dell 11 Feb 2018

How much is it? I can't see it, I just get a nag screen pop up. 

OP Stone Muppet 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Dell:

£170 + £5 postage. Just ordered one.

ColdWill 12 Feb 2018

dont think its a Kanchenjunga II.  It only has to pockets.  any idea how heavy the fabric is?

OP Stone Muppet 12 Feb 2018
In reply to ColdWill:

I think I read 80 denier somewhere

OP Stone Muppet 15 Feb 2018

Got my wires crossed, it's arrived and it's not 80d. Must be 40d at least as it's gore tex pro.

OP Stone Muppet 15 Feb 2018

It's a lot noisier than my old north face jacket - is that a thing these days?

rosoclimber 21 Feb 2018

Have you test it? how it works? do you recomend this buy?

Sean_J 21 Feb 2018
In reply to rosoclimber:

hello bot

rosoclimber 22 Feb 2018
In reply to Sean_J:

I'm not a boot . I'm just interested in this offer of sportsuit but I don't know if it's a good deal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...