UKC

Cheapo waterproofs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lankyman 16 Feb 2018

Anyone got recommendations for a cheap (under £50, say), reasonably lightweight waterproof jacket? I'm off to Mallorca walking in April and of course it will be glorious but .... just in case.  I don't want to take my big heavy Paramo and break my EasyJet weight limit.

marsbar 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

If it’s going to be warm I would consider taking a pertex windproof shirt, it won’t be completely waterproof, but it will keep the worst of it off and prevent windchill.  

marsbar 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

https://www.alpkit.com/products/arro-mens?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzJXvxfaq2QIVpp3...

Havent tried this one but this kind of thing.  Or there is a marmot one on a certain well known auction site.  

Post edited at 17:13
 hbeevers 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

Have you looked at Decathlon? Plenty cheap on there but you'll be missing the breathable paramo in no time. 

Alternatively, get a paramo fuera smock, you might not stay dry but you'll be comfortable.

wbo 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:whatever paclite thing is on sale, and fits

alx 16 Feb 2018
In reply to wbo:

The Patagonia Torrentshell is on sale - its a very good waterproof. Had mine for years and its still as bombproof as ever.

Sean Kelly 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

Recently bought a cheap waterproof for dog-walking  for £50 from Go Outdoors, a Regatta which is OK for what you are thinking of and is very light as well.

Trangia 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

I'm a fan of Regatta waterproof clothing. Cheap but functional, and they normally give a three year warranty which is honest as opposed to the so called "lifetime" guarantees of the big names costing 4 or 5 times as much - which actually prove to be rubbish in my experience. (Apart from Paramo)

OP Lankyman 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

Thanks for all the suggestions so far - some good ideas to follow up.

wercat 16 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

Tog24 might be worth looking at - their stuff is reasonably priced - I bought my lightweight from the Keswick shop 3 or 4 years back and it's still good.

ian caton 17 Feb 2018
In reply to Lankyman:

Bought my Decathlon light weight breathable waterproof 14 years ago. Have worn it all the time for knockabout, just about had it now. Cost me 30 Euros. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...