UKC

Lowa B3 boots sole dropped off

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 olddirtydoggy 17 Feb 2018

Yesterday we came down off Scafell pike crags after 2 wonderful days mixed winter climbing. Just as we started down the easier part of the Mickledore path towards Wastwater I felt the sole of my boot literally blow right off. Fortunately we had finished climbing and the way down wasn't too bad.

https://ibb.co/b66rRS

The boots have lasted me 2 seasons of winter scrambling and climbing in the UK. This season they leak like a sieve, the Goretex liners have failed miserably. Now I'm not out every weekend and often if we're doing an easy ridge or gully in the lakes I'll drop down to a ligher boot with a C1 crampon so these things have not been ragged to bits. I never dry them on radiators and don't use cleaning chemicals. The crampons I use are Petzl Linx.

Should I expect more? The guarantee lasts for 24 months and I'm just out of it by 2 months.

Mr. Lee 17 Feb 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Maybe you need to contact Lowa and ask that question? Obviously it's going to be at their discretion if they are out of warranty. A shoe repairer could likely reattach the sole but I guess it depends on whether you think it's worth it, given the waterproofing in the uppers has gone.

Stichtplate 17 Feb 2018

I had a pair of Lowa Renegades for summer use. Most comfortable boots I've ever owned but only got two seasons out of them, despite ample use of seam grip. Stuck with Scarpa since.

OP olddirtydoggy 17 Feb 2018

It's down to what I should expect from a pair of boots. If I was guiding every week with paid clients then fair enough, I'm going to get limited use but I would have thought a weekend warrior should get more than a few trips out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...