UKC

Calpe Climbers - Use of Rope?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 craig h 17 Feb 2018

I'm in Calpe for a week; out today 17/02/18.

We had just intended doing single pitch sports routes as we have our daughter along too, so have only brought a single 60m rope. But due to our very close proximity to the Penon (apartment's by the harbour) would like to one of the easier multi-pitch routes with her.

Is there anyone local willing to lend a rope for a day? Full replacement if damaged or fallen on. Over the years we've done a few routes on the Penon, we're all experienced climbers, just forgetful bringing a 2nd rope out to climb as a party of 3.

I'm sure a suitable hire charge can be provided too.

Cheers, Craig.

heleno 17 Feb 2018
In reply to craig h:

Try posting on the Rucksack Club FB page Craig. I think there are a few members in the Calpe area at the moment - eg Sue W and my parents. Loved your picture of the Penon at night!

Hope you manage to sort something.

Helen  ( and Dom )

Post edited at 19:24
OP craig h 17 Feb 2018
In reply to heleno:

Thanks Helen, I'd not thought of that option. 

The other option was to buy another rope, but we were close to the baggage limit on the way out. Could be an excuse for me to ditch my clothes and buy a new set when home,

AdrianC 17 Feb 2018
In reply to craig h:

Instead of acquiring a second rope why not have both seconds climb on the one rope you already have?  One person ties in to the end as normal, the other about 3m from the end using one of a few different tying in options - a couple shown here  http://people.bath.ac.uk/dac33/high/8ClimbingInAThree.htm

Jonathan Emett 18 Feb 2018
In reply to craig h:

If you can get to the orange house I can lend you one.

OP craig h 18 Feb 2018
In reply to Jonathan Emett:

Thank you for the kind offer, will contact you through the Orange House if that's OK? 

Jonathan Emett 19 Feb 2018
In reply to craig h:

Sure, or email me from here

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...