UKC

NEWS: First Women's Winter Tranter Round by Helen Rennard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 22 Feb 2018
Scotland's original 24 hour mountain challenge, the Tranter's Round, has just received its first winter traverse by a woman, setting a first ladies record for future challengers. The round was completed in 23 hours 30 minutes by Scottish winter climber Helen Rennard, known for a number of notable first ascents in recent years.

Read more
 petestack 22 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Fantastic news, Helen! The winter Tranter is still a huge, underrated/overlooked prize now the Ramsay's been done, so absolutely top stuff and I'll try to get something up on SHR ASAP!

thommi 22 Feb 2018

This is ace. congratulations Helen!!!

hwackerhage 23 Feb 2018

I once did all the Mamores on a summers day and I was shattered. Doing that as a mere warm-up for the Tranter round with 6000 m of ascent and descent is something I struggle to imagine. So congratulations Helen!

Ramon Marin 23 Feb 2018

Total wad and dark horse Helen is, well done!

Southvillain 23 Feb 2018

Stunning achievement. Harder enough to contemplate in summer...

Er...

This record was later rebuffed by Finlay Wild and Tim Gomersall who managed a spectacular 17hours and 35minutes

"rebuffed"? To reject (someone or something) in an abrupt or ungracious manner. Blimey...

Amazing effort. Well done Helen

shuffle 23 Feb 2018

Fantastic achievement! Congratulations Helen

petestack 23 Feb 2018
In reply to Southvillain:

I'm also surprised by the implication that Fin and Tim's SkiMo round somehow supplants Dan, Jon and Paul's winter running first. It doesn't because we're comparing two different disciplines, so Dan, Jon and Paul still hold the record (or FKT if you prefer). Helen's round is actually only the second known sub-24 winter completion wholly on foot, with Mark Harris and Adam Harris's impressively fast (15 hours 45 mins) March 2016 effort sadly not making the December/January/February requirement. This is why I said the winter Tranter's still a huge, underrated/overlooked prize and why Helen's achievement is so significant.

Post edited at 23:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...