UKC

West One wall, London. Warm in sub-zero temps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 silhouette 26 Feb 2018

"Feels like" forecast temperature this week is going to be as low as -6. Any regulars here from West One climbing wall, Marylebone? Dies it overcome very low outside temperatures?

Removed User 26 Feb 2018
In reply to silhouette:

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking  -but I used to be a regular user of the bouldering wall there until I ( reluctantly as the setting was generally much better than elsewhere in London) had to give it up due to the excessive heat in the bouldering area. The ropebay tended to be slightly cooler than the bouldering wall generally.

Phil Anderson 27 Feb 2018
In reply to silhouette:

I went bouldering there last week and it was absolutely boiling. I can;t imagine that place ever being cold!

OP silhouette 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Removed UserArdverikie2 and Phil. Thanks for the info. Too hot eh! I already know its prohibited to take your top off there.

Removed User 27 Feb 2018
In reply to silhouette:

I should point out that I'm a bit paranoid about conditions since it became clear  that trying to train in hot/humid walls was a contributory factor in a string of injuries & that this isn't the only London wall that I no longer use for that reason. Shame, as in all other respect I think it's an excellent wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...