UKC

La Sportiva G5 discomfort

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 planetmarshall 26 Feb 2018

After 5 Scottish Winter routes and their accompanying walkins, My G5s will have to go.

It's a shame, as they climb really well, but I've started experiencing a lot of discomfort on the walkins (usually on steep ground) due to a developing pressure point on my left instep.

Before I test the tolerance of Outside's returns policy or putting them on eBay - has anyone had similar issues, and resolved them? 

Post edited at 10:53
 guy127917 26 Feb 2018
In reply to planetmarshall:

Have you tried changing the insole with superfeet etc? Do you get on with other LS boots?

Ramon Marin 26 Feb 2018

Funny, I have similar problems with my ice cubes, pain on the heel. After two consecutive days it's pretty bad. I've played around with insoles and it seems to be sorted. I actually took my molded insoles and went back to the cheap foam ones and it is way better

Cheers both. I have some insoles I can try, hopefully it won't take a walk-in to SCNL to check that they've improved.

ColdWill 26 Feb 2018

Not with G5s but with Baturas. developed a serious paid on the ball of both feet.  so bad I had to sell the boots.  I had the same with the Nepal Evo but not as bad.  The Nepal cubes were ok strangely but I never really got enough miles in them before my first long walk destroyed the side of my ankles.  I put up with the Nepal evo and the pain went away as the sole wore down, so much so that I didn't even consider it when buying the Baturas, the Baturas resulted in a hematoma. I'm a slow learner.  I diagnosis based on my own experience was that a wider fit was required.

Post edited at 19:53
 guy127917 26 Feb 2018

I’m sure a couple of hours of box steps will do it! Btw if you decide you want to pass them on at a bargain price... 

Roberttaylor 01 Mar 2018

With Baturas (which are now close to death...not the most durable boots) I had real trouble on traversing ground; the outside of my downhill foot would be in agony. This was fixed when I started using superfeet insoles, slightly supportive ones. Definitely worth trying a range of different ones to see if that fixes the problem.

In reply to Roberttaylor:

Yes, that sounds similar to the issue I'm having. Sounds promising. And now that I'm stuck at home due to a 7 foot snowdrift on my drive, I should have time to try it out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...