UKC

NEWS: Daniel Woods repeats La Capella, 9b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Feb 2018
Daniel Woods, 5 kbDaniel Woods has made the 3rd ascent of Adam Ondra's La Capella, 9b, at Siurana, Spain

Read more
 Strife 26 Feb 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Beast! Apparently Dave Graham isn't far off either.

Out of interest, how many climbers have ticked both 9b and 8C? Sharma, Ondra, Megos, Woods... anyone else?

Fishmate 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Strife:

Fred Rouhling?

Jakob Schubert?

They've both done 9b, however I'm not certain on the boulder grade but seem to recall they've bouldered at 8C. Midtbo?

Post edited at 01:21
 AlanLittle 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Fishmate:

Magnus Midtbø's 9b seems to be a bit of an odd one, being that it's a "sport route" with a sit down start. Which otoh might mean that it ticks both boxes at the same time.

Fishmate 28 Feb 2018
In reply to AlanLittle:

> Magnus Midtbø's 9b seems to be a bit of an odd one, being that it's a "sport route" with a sit down start. Which otoh might mean that it ticks both boxes at the same time.

Good call, and Rouhling's 'Akira' is an identical route in that sense. Howabout, if Nalle did a bit of sport and trad, I reckon he would easily be the only climber to claim 9th grade for boulder, lead and trad. Now to plant that seed..

AlanLittle 28 Feb 2018
In reply to Fishmate:

Nalle possibly already has the trad tick, given that Silbergeier is definitely not "sport climbing". His endurance training for it, as he explained in a podcast interview with (iirc) Björn Pohl, was two to three move intervals on what was then the Lappnor Project.

Post edited at 06:10
 GDes 28 Feb 2018

HAVE!  it's would HAVE! Or at least 've.

Well done on a very hard climb though.

jwi 28 Feb 2018
In reply to GDes:

What does ukclimbing's in-house style say about direct quotes from social media? Should you still transcribe the text exactly as found in the source text, and note obvious errors with sic? My vote would be for light editing of the source when reproducing it.

Post edited at 12:53

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...