UKC

Donald Trump the school massacre hero

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 27 Feb 2018

I've had a couple of occasions where I thought Donald Trump had reached a new low, or couldn't get any lower, and then he does something else. 

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-parkland-coward-550ddcd2f589/

Now he's saying he'd have possibly even have gone in unarmed during the recent school shooting in the US.

I don't normally rant about things or people, but this is on another level - another level of Trumposity.

Post edited at 02:03
 stevieb 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

I do like the American phrase ‘chickenhawk’;  seems a good fit for the Donald. 

Post edited at 07:39
 TMM 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

He's a real American hero.

Not sure if his 'heel spurs' would allow him to run into a building.

Post edited at 07:41
 Andy Hardy 27 Feb 2018
In reply to TMM:

On the upside his borderline obese body would make both a more effective shield for the shootee and an easier target for the shooter than someone who was less bigly huge. Win-win?

Edited afterthought: if the Donald did die saving kids from a school shooting (or any other way for that matter) we'd be left with Pence in charge, so maybe the real outcome would be win-lose. 

Post edited at 08:14
 mypyrex 27 Feb 2018

He's mental

BnB 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

How many times did Trump dodge the draft? I'm surprised I haven't seen more reminders in the media.

Rob Exile Ward 27 Feb 2018
In reply to BnB: There's more to Trump than you know. After all, have you ever seen him and Chuck Norris in the same room together? Thought not.

In reply to Timmd:

What would he have done? blinded the the gunman with his Orange Tan-go colouration. 

The man is a purely despicable human being.

Despised, Orange, Narcissist, Angry, Loathsome, Dictator

TWS

Post edited at 08:59
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

I rather wish he had gone in ...

DerwentDiluted 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

I think you are all doing him a colossal disservice, I have unearthed footage of Donald Trump confronting someone, with arms, and with no regard for his personal safety, in the street;

youtube.com/watch?v=I1jywlZG74o&

TMM 27 Feb 2018
In reply to BnB:

> How many times did Trump dodge the draft? I'm surprised I haven't seen more reminders in the media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/donald-trump-draft-record.ht...

Tony Jones 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

What's interesting about this is that Trump is inspiring a real grass roots movement against guns and the NRA that seems to building in the same way as the 'Me too' campaign. There's a pretty long list of corporations that are no longer giving discounts to NRA members and, predictably, the NRA have reacted by issuing a petulant statement (presumably because that's what their representative in the Whitehouse would do).

Perhaps this might have a positive outcome after all. (And none of that excuses Trump's shameful behaviour by the way.)

Steve Perry 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

You do know he's fought in Wrestle Mania? You should do your homework son.

wbo 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:Brave Sir Donald ( ran away, ran away......)

Removed User 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

Well he has to really. If instead he'd said something along the lines of, "this guy wasn't a highly trained SWAT team member but an ordinary guy with a gun who froze in those horrific circumstances. I don't know how I would have reacted and neither do most of you." he would have blown a great big hole in his proposal to arm teachers. Unfortunately therefore this guy, who will wake up every morning for the rest of his life telling himself he let down those poor children , had to become another casualty.

Jimbocz 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

Here's an interview with Trump himself where he talks about his actions during an emergency :

“I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” Trump said.

So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” 

“I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him. He’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming,” 

“What happens is, these 10 Marines from the back of the room… they come running forward, they grab him, they put the blood all over the place—it’s all over their uniforms—they’re taking it, they’re swiping [it], they ran him out, they created a stretcher. They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side,” Trump said.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” Trump said, noting that all the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

This is just beyond words.  

TMM 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Jimbocz:

#ManofAction

subtle 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

ok, so what would YOU do in the school shooting situation?

French Erick 27 Feb 2018
In reply to subtle:

I don't know, my two home countries- France of origin, Scotland of choosing- are sane enough not to allow easy access to guns. But I'd probably shit myself, think a lot about my loved one and see in the tiny wriggle room I have left what I can do for my pupils...at a guess.

Arm the teachers! How long before an armed one snaps and uses it themselves? Dumb & Trump would make a great film.

Jim Lancs 27 Feb 2018
In reply to subtle:

> ok, so what would YOU do in the school shooting situation?

I don't suppose anyone really knows until they are put in that situation. 

But I certainly wouldn't brag about 'being the hero' until I knew for certain.

OP Timmd 27 Feb 2018
In reply to subtle:

That rather isn't the general thrust of my OP.

OP Timmd 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Jim Lancs:

Exactly. 

marsbar 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Timmd:

The man is too pathetic and selfish to take a raindrop for his own kid.  I very much doubt he'd take a bullet for his own kid never mind anyone else's.  

https://extra.ie/2018/01/16/entertainment/celebrity/donald-trump-umbrella-m...

OP Timmd 27 Feb 2018
In reply to marsbar:

Good Lord.

Dave Garnett 27 Feb 2018
In reply to subtle:

> ok, so what would YOU do in the school shooting situation?

I don't know.  But I do know what I'd do if an elderly man had fallen off a stage and was lying bleeding and unconscious, and it wouldn't be to complain about the mess he was making. 

Lusk 27 Feb 2018
In reply to marsbar:

To be fair, he might lose his hair, like candy floss in the rain.

FactorXXX 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Jimbocz:

Not defending his behaviour in this particular incident, or indeed his behaviour in general as he's obviously a total cock in every respect.
However, if you listen to the Howard Stern interview which contains that outtake, then it comes across as quite a humorous anecdote that belittles himself whilst praising the Marines.
Context, as per normal, is everything.  Reading it and it does indeed sound as if Trump is the most callous bastard in the multiverse. On listening, it comes across differently, as you hear the interaction between the two and how they're feeding off each other to embellish the story. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-time-donald-trump-turned-away-in-disgust-...

P.S. Have I said that I think Trump is a total cock.

Jimbocz 28 Feb 2018
In reply to FactorXXX:

No doubt, I'm sure I could be manipulated into saying all kinds of dumb things by Howard Stern.  That is his job after all. 

I accept your mitigating circumstance and we'll continue to agree that Trump is a psycho at best.

Al_Mac 28 Feb 2018
In reply to marsbar:

Best quote I've seen on the internet recently was a response to this story of Trump being the big hero of the day if only he'd got the chance; 'Oh great, we've got Gilderoy Lockhart as president'. The Harry Potter reference may be lost on some...

FactorXXX 28 Feb 2018
In reply to Jimbocz:

> No doubt, I'm sure I could be manipulated into saying all kinds of dumb things by Howard Stern.  That is his job after all. 

It's got nothing to do with Stern manipulating things, but how the media have manipulated it in retrospect.

> I accept your mitigating circumstance and we'll continue to agree that Trump is a psycho at best.

Doubt he's a psycho, just a very odious and egotistical idiot that has somehow got to be President.

Jimbocz 28 Feb 2018
In reply to FactorXXX:

> It's got nothing to do with Stern manipulating things, but how the media have manipulated it in retrospect.

I'm not sure how these interviews have been "manipulated in retrospect", if anything they have mostly been ignored by the media.  When reported, all they've done for the most part is what I did, quote the transcript verbatim.  You don't have to manipulate anything when Trump is talking about having sex with his daughter.  

These interviews alone would be career ending to any other politician, Trump just gets away with it because it's just a small part of the Tsunami of awfulness hitting us every day. 

Andy Gamisou 07 Mar 2018
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> There's more to Trump than you know. After all, have you ever seen him and Chuck Norris in the same room together? Thought not.

Here you go:  http://www.journaldemourreal.com/donald-trump-menace-de-deployer-chuck/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...