UKC

Buying a topo in the costa blanca area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kees 28 Feb 2018

Hello,

We have last minute changed our plans for climbing in El chorro to climbing along the Costa Blanca, because of the weather. My mate is now looking for accomodation in the Sella neighbourhood. But we of course don't have the topo for this area. Any chance to buy it in Sella or anywhere in the vicinity? We do have a rental car.

Wiley Coyote2 28 Feb 2018
In reply to Kees:

Does Orange House at Finestrat sell guides? Otherwise the bookshop in Calpe, Librarira Europe  just off the main street, the Gabriel Miro,  sells the Rockfax guide. A long way from Sella but on the way to  Jalon Valley crags and Gandia

In reply to Kees:

If you're an iPhone user there's always the App: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rockfax/id786215304?mt=8

Post edited at 13:45
OP Kees 28 Feb 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Are the rockfax topos also avialable off line? I don't have international coverage on my phone so I have to use wifi when i am abroad.

In reply to Kees:

Yep, you'll just need wifi to download it - once that's done there's no need for data.

OP Kees 28 Feb 2018
In reply to Kees:

Thanks. I allready looked it up and downloaded the free topo of belus. Looks extremely usefull! 

climberchristy 01 Mar 2018
In reply to Kees:

download some new really good sections on Sella here:

costa-vertical.com/en/tag/topo/

Mark Eddy 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Kees:

The climbing shop in La Nucia usually has a copy of Rockfax and other CB guides: http://www.egruta.com/libreriaguiasescalada-c-190_191.html?page=3&sort=...

Hope you have a great trip

auld al 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Kees:

Good decision I think. A lot of people stay in Calpe . It's quite central to a lot of the climbing and has all the tourist facilities. 

Sam Mayfield 19 Mar 2018
In reply to Kees:

Although you have been and gone just for anyone else who read this post

YES THE ORANGE HOUSE sell the Rockfax guidebook and we also have many miniguides free to download from our website www.theorangehouse.co.uk

Sam Orange

OP Kees 19 Mar 2018
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Yes, it was marvelous! We spent 4 days at Sella, and the new routes on the right side of the area are great  with fresh sharp rock. Glad I printed these mini guides at the last moment.

willpitt07 19 Mar 2018
In reply to Wiley Coyote2:

Pretty sure they sell guides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...