UKC

Elbow Pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TeddyC 01 Mar 2018

Hi folk, about 2 weeks ago I started getting a strange sensation in my elbows but it wasn't painful so I kept on climbing without it getting worse. Then about a week ago after doing a bunch of pullups and 2 pretty intense endurance traverse sessions within 2 days they properly flared up and got pretty sore.

I assumed it was golfers elbow but after properly reading up on it the symptoms didn't really match. The pain is just above the elbow on both arms and on the inside (tricep area), kinda feels like this tendon running along my tricep above the medial epicondyle. Then whenever I massage the pain I get shooting sensations up my arm into my back 2 fingers on both sides. Seems like something to do the the ulnar nerve? Was wondering if anyone has had problems like this before and what they did for a solution. Currently resting but i suppose if it doesn't die down I might head to a physiotherapist.

Cheers

Dandan 01 Mar 2018
In reply to TeddyC:

Using the full breadth of my completely unqualified opinion, I would say go and see a physio straight away, don't wait for it to get worse.

It does sound like some kind of nerve related issue, have a search for ulnar nerve glides, you might find some exercises that could alleviate it.

andyman666999 01 Mar 2018
In reply to TeddyC:

Apparently up to 60% cases of medial epicondylitis have a compressive neuropathy of the ulnar nerve associated. The nerve wraps around the medial epicondyle so localised oedema/inflammation would make sense. 

Have you checked out the eccentric exercises ? Articles on here 

OP TeddyC 02 Mar 2018

aye cheers for the advice, i checked out those nerve glide exercises, gonna do some of those with some more rest. failing that i'll check in for a physio

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...