UKC

SKILLS: Glenmore Lodge Winter Skills: Approaching a Winter Climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Glenmore Lodge Skills, 3 kbThis series of videos with Glenmore Lodge focuses on decision making in the mountains. They aim to give you the skills and knowledge to stay safe whilst winter climbing and mountaineering.

Read more
 Mick Ward 01 Mar 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

These are really nice little videos. I like his quiet, understated manner and easy, conversational style. Also the constant assessment/evaluation he's doing. What we should all be doing in the hills, summer and winter. (Obviously winter can up the ante a hell of a lot.)

Was his mate having a cheeky grin, thinking he'd got away with no-one noticing his sport harness?  A spot of last minute packing perhaps.

Really nice little videos. More please!

Mick

lithos 01 Mar 2018
In reply to Mick Ward:

nice videos, with a lot to think about not usually mentioned, like all the other people.  A bit surprised they didn't explicitly reference the Be Avalanche Aware campaign

the hirondus is very light and with all the layers you don't need  a fat padded one so quite popular.  I wonder who all the poles were for (camera team i guess, there were loads) and the team outfit of matching helmets and jackets was --- nice.

climber34neil 01 Mar 2018
In reply to lithos:

Agree nice and informative videos , nice relaxed style about them, does look like they robbed the pole shop before coming out. Just wondering if they are supposed to compliment the series that the BMC did with rich Bentley ( which were also very good ) ?

kwoods 01 Mar 2018
In reply to Mick Ward:

> the hirondus is very light and with all the layers you don't need  a fat padded one so quite popular.

Indeed - and big gear loops. I use one for winter (and sport/trad, and everything else). It is very light.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...