UKC

New Guide Book and Ticks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Am I allowed to transfer the ticks from my old guide book to my new guide book or do I have to earn them again?

C Witter 05 Mar 2018
In reply to eddy-on-the-rocks:

Tweezers should do the job. Though, re-inserting them might require a bit of persuasion.

Mark Kemball 05 Mar 2018

This is one of the great pleasures of a new guidebook, hours spent looking at your UKC logbook and old guides, ticking off the routes and remembering great days out.

string arms 05 Mar 2018

I buy a new guide for every problem I tick. My financial advisor did suggested over a glass of port just the other night that this has been a somewhat extravigant luxury over the years and has depreciated my gold reserves somewhat but what the hey... 

I've decided to transfer the ticks and relive the good times with a beer. Thanks for your help.

GridNorth 09 Mar 2018

After 55 years of climbing and multiple guide books I just can't be arsed any more.  I now work on the principle that if I can't remember if I've done it, it doesn't really matter.  I wish there had been something like the log book feature on UKC when I started.

Al

tehmarks 09 Mar 2018
In reply to GridNorth:

Or the Internet? Or computers?

GridNorth 09 Mar 2018
In reply to tehmarks:

The house I first lived in as a child had gas lighting and a toilet down the garden incredible though that may seem in this day and age. Baths once a week in a tin tub in front of a fire with water boiled on a stove.  They were the days.  NOT.

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...