UKC

f5/6’s peak/s yorks limestone Bouldering?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jono.r23 09 Mar 2018

Ok so I know this is a bit of a longshot...but is there much to do other than the Rubicon warm up traverse/couple of straight ups, Harborough, Slinter Wall?

had a great winter on shitloads of easy grit problems and dont wanna spend the summer indoors!

(yes of course i could just aim to

get stronger!)

edit: sure, at my level i could still climb grit when its not mega warm..but yeh..limestone/other options pls !

Post edited at 12:53
 afx22 09 Mar 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Wetherby should be on your list.

Wetherby Crag

OP Jono.r23 09 Mar 2018
In reply to afx22:

Thanks! It is..and on the way to my parents in York. Nice one for the reminder

OP Jono.r23 09 Mar 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Any more suggestions?

Been trying to get hold of the little ‘High Over Buxton’ guide as it looks to have a few lesser known bits that arent in the Vertibrate/rockfax books. Anyone recommend areas from that or wanna sell me a copy? ????????

Si dH 10 Mar 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Shining Cliff and The P (both in new peak limestone south guide.)

Also that place that looks chossy I've forgotten the name of...ditto.

Pretty sure there is a reasonable amount at Anston.

Lots at the Churnet. Not lime, but fine in slightly warmer temos.

Alex the Alex 10 Mar 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

A couple of limestone venues on here.

https://unknownstones.com/

OP Jono.r23 10 Mar 2018
In reply to Si dH:

Good shout. Bagged a cheap copy of the new book at Shaff today. Venues you mentioned look perfect..also loads more problems at the other venues that dont appear in the current bouldering guides. Nice one

OP Jono.r23 11 Mar 2018
In reply to Alex the Alex:

Thankyou for this also..the lime seems to be a bit further north but defo worth a look when up that way..and yeh plenty of other mini adventures off the beaten track.

bigups everyone

aaron_t 11 Mar 2018
In reply to Jono.r23:

Harborough Rocks has got loads of easy limestone bouldering. Good landings on most of it as well

OP Jono.r23 12 Mar 2018
In reply to aaron_t:

Mentioned in my original post but thanks all the same. I will be going there now with the new limestone guide in my bag (kindly suggested above), which lists way more problems than the bouldering books. Previously there were only 3’s &4s documented aside from the 8A in the cave! 

Post edited at 08:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...