UKC

Best Smart Trainer??? I want one!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kerm 24 Mar 2018

I broke my femur over Christmas and need a good turbo trainer to help with recovery (thats what I'm telling the wife). genuinely looking for one to cheer myself up though as bit nervous going outside.

What are you using? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

IMA 24 Mar 2018
In reply to Kerm:

depends on your budget. have a look here https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/10/annual-trainer-recommendations.html

Personally

Money no object Tacx Neo.

Money a consideration Elite Directo

Siward 24 Mar 2018
In reply to Kerm:

Very happy with my Cycleops Hammer with Zwift.

(But, you know, I'm finding even Zwift a bit boring, having hoped it was the holy grail. If you've got to recover though, definitely worth it)

summo 25 Mar 2018
In reply to Kerm:

My tacx flow seems ok. Clever enough to doing stuff electronically(no manual resistance level), but isn't off up into the mega bucks range. Generally the more you pay, the greater hill gradient it can replicate. Mine is limited at 6%. 

nniff 25 Mar 2018
 andyfallsoff 25 Mar 2018
In reply to Kerm:

I've got an Elite Direto but I sort of wish I'd bought a wahoo - I've got direct drive but to be honest, I don't find it any better than the old wheel on turbo I had. So I'd probably go for wahoo kickr snap in hindsight.

subtle 26 Mar 2018
In reply to Kerm:

Whilst I sympathise you would be better overcoming your nervousness and going back out on the bike - short rides and then steady building them up. Good luck.

OP Kerm 27 Mar 2018
In reply to andyfallsoff:

I like the look if the kickr. Trying to get it or similar on the cycle scheme.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...