UKC

XC Skiing in Seefeld at Easter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 planetmarshall 27 Mar 2018

Booked a last minute trip to Seefeld in Austria for some XC Skiing (Would have preferred Norway or Sweden but logistics made a long weekend impractical).

Complete beginner, any advice on places to go welcomed, and would welcome company in the unlikely event that anyone else happens to be out there.

QRZBuddha 27 Mar 2018
In reply to planetmarshall:

Can't help much, only stayed there for a week or so and only did XC for one day.. There's loads of shops in Seefeld itself that will rent kit (classic or skating) and there's a ton of trails around the whole area. The main trail that starts from Seefeld itself is quite good for beginners as it's reasonably flat (slight uphill or flat is great, anything else is horrendous on XC skis.. mind you, I've only done skating, classic may be slightly less terrifying), although it can be a little busy at times. I found a nice quiet loop that was a short drive at Torfstich (not sure if you'll have access to a car? I think the bus service is quite good, but not sure if there is anything that'd get you to it..

This site is useful for looking up trails:

https://www.seefeld.com/en/cross-country-skiing-tyrol/cross-country-ski-tra...

Not sure what state they'll be in this late in the season as Seefeld is quite low, there's been a lot over the alps and it's still fairly cold, so should be OK...

In reply to QRZBuddha:

Thanks for that. Public transport in the area seems to be pretty good, with the ski bus going to most places so I should be able to access some of the higher trails.

Post edited at 14:58

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...