UKC

Seat Ibiza 6k2 fag lighter fuse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Scott6k2 28 Mar 2018

Hi I have a 2001 seat Ibiza mk2 6k2 chill. My fuse has blown on my cigarette lighter an I can swear I’ve looked all over the car and I cannot find where the fuse is located. I’ve asked so many people and spent hours on google trying to look for it and I still can’t. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance 

subtle 28 Mar 2018
In reply to Scott6k2:

Take it as a sign to stop smoking whilst in the car - or even to stop smoking at all.

jkarran 28 Mar 2018
In reply to Scott6k2:

Does the owner's manual not say which fuse it is and where?

Google suggests for the LHD variant at least it's a 20A fuse, socket no.42, fuses are under a cover in the end of the driver's side dash.

jk

Post edited at 12:18
Scott6k2 28 Mar 2018
In reply to subtle:

I need it to charge my phone as I’m out More than 5hours at a time 

Scott6k2 28 Mar 2018
In reply to jkarran:

I’ve looked on google and everything I’ve tried taking the side panels off but u have to unbolt them with a 8mm socket which seems odd just to change a fuse. Also people have been telling me it’s under the steering wheel which it isn’t I’ve spent past 2 days looking for it 

jkarran 28 Mar 2018
In reply to Scott6k2:

Read the manual, it'll tell you where the fuses are (they're in the end of the dash), how to access them and which does what. I'd be very surprised if you need a socket to access them.

youtube.com/watch?v=PFwCsnxsS6A& Wrong model?

Also: 5H battery life from a phone?!

jk

mcdougal 28 Mar 2018
In reply to Scott6k2: 

I don't know if this helps as it's the 2005 model. There are other videos on YouTube that may be useful  

youtube.com/watch?v=rzL9XQ0qhsg&

krikoman 28 Mar 2018
In reply to Scott6k2:

> I need it to charge my phone as I’m out More than 5hours at a time 

Should have bought an android

balmybaldwin 28 Mar 2018
In reply to Scott6k2:

If you haven't had the car it's whole life, the socket could have been replaced, and often there is an in-line fuse on replacements....  so if you can't find a blown fuse chase the positive out of the back of the socket

Columbia753 30 Mar 2018
In reply to subtle:

Throw the lighter out the car window like Jake did in the Blues Brothers.........Fix the cigarette lighter.................cue music

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...