UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a Black Diamond Hot Forge Heated Chalk Bag!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 07 Apr 2018
, 4 kbDrawing on Black Diamond's 60 years of heritage and product innovation - from the first curved, form-fitted glove, to our own brand waterproof membrane BD.Dry and the first breathable climbing shoes – the Hot Forge Heated Chalk Bag combines the proven technologies used in our heated Solano gloves, prize winning chalk bag designs and the forge insulated hoody.

Read more
 petestack 07 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

Future competition prizes... self-belaying ropes, jet packs for soloists, the moon on a stick?

joeruckus 07 Apr 2018

I wrote this off as another April Fool's joke when it was posted at the weekend.

neuromancer 07 Apr 2018

I actually really really want this?

Alison 07 Apr 2018
In reply to joeruckus:

Same!! (to thinking it was an april fool!)

Post edited at 15:46
 petestack 07 Apr 2018
In reply to petestack:

The funny thing is that, after seeing it here again this morning, I Googled it, saw it for sale on BD's site, thought it's got to be real after all, but was then still persuaded otherwise by the announcement date and comments there...

So it's real and I've been double-fooled? Doubt I'm the only one!

I can eat 50 eggs 07 Apr 2018
In reply to petestack:

A helmet that whispers gentle encouragement (with settings from brisltly realist through to delusional trustafarian) zero gravity rock shoes and a helium assisted rucksack.

Tim Sparrow 07 Apr 2018

I thought this was an April Fool too. Now I’ve entered, I am expecting a daft “sucker!” Email.

Adam Lincoln 08 Apr 2018

I have one and is great. 

Strange marketing ploy releasing on April fools day.

Phil Lyon 08 Apr 2018

But...

chalk, to counter sweaty hands?

warm hands, sweat

cold hands, dry

if you're cold and clammy, then there's something wrong. 

Anyway, using chalk is aid-climbing

Ramon Marin 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

I can't believe you actually bought  one Adam... I thought it was only for London suckers?

Adam Lincoln 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Ramon Marin:

> I can't believe you actually bought  one Adam... I thought it was only for London suckers?

Well worth it. So many times I've come off sport routes with numb hands in cold weather. Not any more! 

Ally Smith 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

I'd be interested in having a look at one of these next time you're onshore/Yorkshire sport?

In reply to Ally Smith:

I am a big fan of putting those disposable "shake-bag" hand warmers in my chalk bag.  I have rescued many numb-fingered RPs with a dip in warm chalk at a shake-out. 

And to Phil Lyon, I find that in cold weather "dry firing" and finger numbness are the problem.  Warm, slightly sweaty fingers plus chalk seems to be the best combination.  It's even more of a factor on wooden hold indoors - Beastmaker slopers are unusable with dry, cold hands.  When using my woodie, I have resorted to using a plant mister to slightly dampen my fingertips before chalking for optimum performance.

Post edited at 21:40
 patsaunders 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Ally Smith:

I have one to Ally, it is great!! if you're around Sheffield at all let me know

patsaunders 11 Apr 2018
In reply to thebigfriendlymoose:

Have you tried Rhino Skin Spit https://darkventures.co.uk/shop?olsPage=products%2Frhino-skin-spit-2oz perfect for dry fire and woodie training. It will be back in stock once the shipment has cleared customs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...