UKC

Recommend me a good pair of summer trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PPP 14 Apr 2018

I am after a decent pair of trousers... Must have:

• Side zips for venting
  • Front pockets with zipper
  • Slim fit
  • Windproof and quick drying
  • Durable, but rather lightweight
  • Some waistband system (so no belt needed)
  • Not boring (i.e. not black!)

Ideally under £100. Thanks. 

In reply to PPP:

Venting sidezips on summer weight trousers are going to be hard to find, I think.

bouldery bits 14 Apr 2018
In reply to PPP:

Montane Terras. 

They even have the side zip vents.

Not an exciting colour though as far as I'm aware.

In reply to PPP:

I'm on my second pair of ME Ibex. I use them year round, in winter layered with long merion pants.

They have:

> Side zips for venting, however only short ones

> Front pockets with zipper

> Slim fit

> Windproof and quick drying

> Durable, but rather lightweight

> Some waistband system - integrated belt

> Not boring (i.e. not black!)  - they come three colours

> Ideally under £100. - £85. 

In reply to PPP:

Looks like I've not been paying attention...

Jimbob11 14 Apr 2018
In reply to PPP:

I second Montane terra’s. They have now started producing some better colours. Some funky too! And best of all they do leg lengths. So you can have a correct fitting waist and leg if you’re skinny but fall like me! Or short and fat like a mate. 

olddirtydoggy 15 Apr 2018
In reply to PPP:

Montane Terra's. Worn them for years and have all features you ask for. They even roll up your legs and comfortably turn into shorts. The durability isn't great on the pocket area if you carry keys.

BnB 15 Apr 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Will the colourful ones still make you look like a tw*t with the differentiated fabric panels? It's not just aesthetics either. The more durable fabric is (unsurprisingly) less breathable.

I'd rather be more comfortable in a summer trouser that doesn't want to go winter climbing. The Patagonia Quandary is lighter, stretchier, more breathable and cheaper (rrp). An opportunity to support a truly ethical company that is bold enough to stand up to the White House.

edit spelling

Post edited at 07:09
 olddirtydoggy 15 Apr 2018
In reply to BnB:

Had to have a look at those. Looks like a pair of Rohan trousers the old boys used to swear by in the 90's. Still, looks are not everything. ;P

BnB 15 Apr 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> Had to have a look at those. Looks like a pair of Rohan trousers the old boys used to swear by in the 90's. Still, looks are not everything. ;P

More like a pair of Farah slacks. All the rage in '79

Oo 15 Apr 2018

I picked up a lovely lurid pair of Norrona trousers In Chamonix on sale and in a rush. They've been superb from summer use through to light winter (if I'm prepared to man up). They have everything you're looking for.

Think it was these: https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/products/falketind/falketind-flex1-pants-m/?c...

If you look for last season's model you can probably find sub £100 and some better colours.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...