UKC

Best bouldering wall near Bexley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andrew Kin 16 Apr 2018

We have a day free in the near future and will be in Bexley.  The 2 kids are bouldering mad.  Who has the best bouldering Centre nearby

caver 16 Apr 2018

The Reach will be the nearest; but the bouldering is so so. Assuming you have transport and can travel outside rush hour (because you'll need to go through the Blackwall Tunnel), then Mile End is very good

www.mileendwall.org.uk

Or check the Arch Climbing

www.archclimbingwall.com

For both of these; check their kids policy first as they're quite strict.

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

Thanks for the reply.  Yes we will have transport and don't mind going through the tunnel.

That's what I wanted to know.  So so will be very disappointing.  Don't mind travelling a bit for better as we have the entire day (This is the rest day for fun )

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

Just been on that mileendwall site.  I will give that one a miss. 

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

The Arch looks pretty good.

spenser 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

Mile End is an excellent wall, I used to regularly climb there while I was trapped in the South East, what's putting you off? The Arch was always rammed at the time (since alleviated by them opening another wall nearby), Vauxwall had good setting but problems were a bit shorter than Mile End/ The Arch. 

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

Would Oakwood be worth the extra effort

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to spenser:

Whats putting me off.  The website tbh.  It talks more about courses and fees than its actual walls.  I would be worried about turning up and being turned away

Ned 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

I'd definitely go to the Arch if you can visit in the daytime (it's super busy from about 5 - 9 on weeknights). If you pay to get into one of them I'm pretty sure you can get into the other for free in the same day too, and building one and the biscuit are just around the corner from each other.

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

Thanks guys.  Just discovered the search facility on here.  Putting in 20mls radius search brought up loads of results.  Wow.

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Ned:

We would be going daytime rather than evening so that's fine.  Will check out building one and biscuit

Mi|es 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

I'd recommend building 1 over biscuit for kids as it has a traverse wall and tunnel. Otherwise the two walls are pretty similar. 

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Mi|es:

We don't have to worry too much about settings for kids.  They are pretty good climbers.

Just wondering how a centre with a traverse wall and tunnel may be more suitable for kids.  Interesting.

Post edited at 15:09
 Mi|es 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

I suggested it just on the basis that there's a bit more variety/easier to play games etc. Tbh I know nothing about children so could be completely wrong! 

Andrew Kin 17 Apr 2018
In reply to Mi|es:

Ta Miles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...