UKC

VIDEO: The Nose speed record: 2:19:44

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Apr 2018
El Capitan. Many climbers headtorches can be seen., 2 kbOn 21 October 2017, after 11 previous attempts, Brad Gobright and Jim Reynolds climbed The Nose in 2 hours, 19 minutes, and 44 seconds, shaving 4  minutes and 2 seconds off Alex Honnold's and Hans Florine's previous record from 2012.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

13minutes in real time here, negociating Dolt Tower:

youtube.com/watch?v=XG4ubEPPN7U&

Interesting comments on Youtube... There is a secion immediately after Dolt where Jim has to descend / swing across 20/30ft on a tight rope. Brad wasn't at a belay at this point, he just locked his jams and held on tight! I this is true its quite a feat!

"Awesome footage! At 8:31 when Jim yells "take" and swings over, Brad is literally just holding him up with the rope with jams and no pro. Crazy!?"

"Yeah I did the nose earlier this year and normally the follower does a lower out off of Dolt tower. I met Brad a few weeks after the climb and he mentioned that he just holds on tight and Jim swings over on his body weight. I think it lets them go even lighter/faster and not carry any big cams with them.?"

Greasy Prusiks 18 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC News:

To put it in perspective that's the equivalent of doing ALL of dream of white horses in 22 minutes, 6 and a bit times in a row!

In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

I reckon these guys would do Dream in about 10 minutes!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...