UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Steve McClure climbs Rainman, 9b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Apr 2018
Steve McClure Rainman, 5 kb In 2017, Steve McClure climbed his seven-year project at Malham Cove, naming it Rainman, the UK's first 9b. Steve is no stranger to Malham and he had already put up some of the country's hardest routes at the crag over the previous twenty years

Read more
 Solsbury 20 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Sweet, great stuff.

aln 20 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Isn't this 2018?

Deadeye 20 Apr 2018
In reply to aln:

It's the vid FFS.  He led it in 2017

thermal_t 20 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Really enjoyed that, always a pleasure watching Steve climb, so smooth, no wasted energy. 

AP Melbourne 22 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Not bad for a self-proclaimed "weak man" [shakes head and wanders back to the naughty corner].

iknowfear 23 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC News:

imagine the things he could do if he tied his shoes!

Robert Durran 23 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Is the film of the actual redpoint? Excellent video and interview, but I'd love to see an uninterrupted take of the "send".

Alex Messenger, BMC 24 Apr 2018
In reply to Robert Durran:

Glad you like the film! No, the film isn't of the actual redpoint. As Steve was so close to his limit, he didn't want the added complication of filming before he climbed it. 

simes303 01 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Can anyone tell me what jacket Steve is wearing at the end? From 5:25 onwards. I think I can see a Marmot label but that's it.

In reply to simes303:

I've seen Steve wearing the Greenland Baffled Jacket before, and originally that's what I thought it was in the vid, only it looks a little different. Aware that's not loads of help, but that's where my money lies currently...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...