UKC

Low volume heels performance rock shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tomtom 04 May 2018

Hi all

looking for advice on new shoes. I wear scarpa at the moment, old furia, old instinct slipper, vsr, chimera. Various downsizings dependant on what I use them for. I really like them for the most part, but I think I could find shoes that fit better in the heel. I seem to have varying amounts of dead space in my heels across the models I wear. I'm wondering if a brand switch might relieve me of the issue. 

Any ideas on shoes similar to the above but with a lower volume heel?

cheers

tom

sarachen 06 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

> Hi all

> looking for advice on new shoes. I wear scarpa at the moment, old furia, old instinct slipper, vsr, chimera. Various downsizings dependant on what I use them for. I really like them for the most part, but I think I could find shoes that fit better in the heel. I seem to have varying amounts of dead space in my heels across the models I wear. I'm wondering if a brand switch might relieve me of the issue. 

> Any ideas on shoes similar to the above but with a lower volume heel?

> cheers

> tom

Have you tried the evolv geshido shoes? They are fairly low volume.

WillRobertson 06 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

Five Ten Dragons may be worth a try if you can find them anywhere. Or Hi-Angles, worth trying the men’s and women’s version

Post edited at 21:40
 Jenny C 06 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

What size? If you're small footed might be worth looking at ladies models, which are usually lower volume. 

dilatory 06 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

Interestingly I've been pondering the same myself today. Scarpa fit me so well at the toe end and mostly perfect at the top of my heel but the heel cup itself is a bit baggy and started thinking about trying a different brand next time I buy. Keen to watch this thread.

Tomtom 06 May 2018

In reply to

will hunt some evolve shoes down and try. Thanks

havent they discontinued the dragon? I'm avoiding 5.10 if poss, adidas don't seem to being doing great things over there!

im a street 8, so may well fit in some women's ones. Rest of my foot isn't too small mind, it's just the heel!

its mega annoying dilatory! I really like scarpa, and they fit well everywhere for the most part, but the heel pops on really weighted hooks, and that's really not a good time to pop! Will keep searching and let you know.

thanks for advice so far all

wbo 07 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:evolv shaman would be worth trying too

bouldery bits 07 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

La Sportivas Skwamas may be worth a look with their s-heel thing. Super snug heel! 

jezb1 07 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

> havent they discontinued the dragon? I'm avoiding 5.10 if poss, adidas don't seem to being doing great things over there!

All my rock shoes are 5.10, can’t say I’ve noticed any I’ll effects of Adidas taking over.

In reply to jezb1:

> All my rock shoes are 5.10, can’t say I’ve noticed any I’ll effects of Adidas taking over.

Discontinuing the dragon is a huge ill effect in my book!

jezb1 07 May 2018
In reply to bouldery bits:

Five ten were discontinuing and bringing back rock shoes long before Adidas got involved.

HeMa 07 May 2018
In reply to jezb1:

> Five ten were discontinuing and bringing back rock shoes long before Adidas got involved.

Not to mention bringing back them with considerable changes (and often not for the good, ie. Quantums).  So in essense FiveTen are the Patagucci of climbing shoes . The only difference is that at least the sizing had stayed consistant through out the years (unlike Patagucci).

Jenny C 07 May 2018
In reply to HeMa:

> The only difference is that at least the sizing had stayed consistant through out the years (unlike Patagucci).

What consistently inconsistent? 

In reply to jezb1:

> Five ten were discontinuing and bringing back rock shoes long before Adidas got involved.

Very true.

It's nice to have a big corporation to blame though

(They ruined the Quantum too!)

dilatory 07 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

5.10 have usually fit my heel worse than a slipper in experience.

Women's fit might alleviate the problem. Except I'm hobbit fit at the toe box. 

WillRobertson 07 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

As you may have realised by previous replies, Five Ten are remodelling Dragons - who knows what effect this will have!

probablylost 08 May 2018
In reply to Tomtom:

I have possibly the same issue: narrow heels and without much of a curve at the back. Dragons as already mentioned, old Sportiva fit (katanas and miuras), and tenayas have all worked for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...